Side indicator repeater removal

Hi, I need to replace the indicator repeater because one of the clips is broken. Obviously physically removing the repeater isn't the problem, it's falling out, but where does it connect to the wiring loom? Is it plugged in somewhere and is it easily accessible? TIA

John_D

Club Member
Radio Code Guru
Never mind, I got a replacement from the breakers (£1) and will just splice the wires together.
Perhaps I'm missing something here, but why not just use the original bulb holder, which is attached to the loom, with the replacement repeater unit?

Perhaps I'm missing something here, but why not just use the original bulb holder, which is attached to the loom, with the replacement repeater unit?

The contacts in the bulb holder are heavily corroded, the o-ring seal was split, tried filing them but no joy.

John_D

Club Member
Radio Code Guru
The contacts in the bulb holder are heavily corroded, the o-ring seal was split, tried filing them but no joy.
Ok, thought that there would be a simple explanation. :) If you are splicing the wires from the replacement repeater, use heatshrink tube over the joints to prevent moisture getting into the joint. THIS would be ideal......