Shuddering and stalling

Tom Messy

Ex. Club Member
Hi all,

Since I ran out of petrol a little while ago (the fuel gauge lied!) the car has been shuddering, losing revs and then stalling when idle, which was a slight pain in traffic as you might imagine. I had to give it a few revs when not moving to keep it going. I have run some injector cleaner through it, and today I changed the fuel filter and there has been a big improvement. There are still the odd few hiccups when driving along though, where it loses power and jolts for a split second, although it is fine now when idling in traffic.

Could it still be the injectors with a blockage, or does anything else spring to mind? Plugs, leads, and dizzy are only a couple months old if that makes any difference. I don't know if it's possible, but could there be some air or something in the fuel line from when I swapped the filter over?

Cheers in advance for any suggestions,
Tom

i dont know but the fuel filter is realy good and shouldnt have let anything past it,like that good goaly
when i removed my throttle body removed mesh to deep clean it,put the mesh back let it dry
take of side panel to access the solder joints for the maf--what i did then was bridge the three rows with household elec cable (got that info on a thread here) instead of just resolder the joints THATS FOR PRE-FACELIFT though someone mentiond cleaning the face lift MAF sensor itself

personally, if its not a big problem, i would just drive it for a while, might well sort itself out after a while.
air in the system shouldn't be a problem.
the only thing i can think of is the preliminary filter attached to the fuel pump might have got coked up a bit.
you did fit the filter the right way round?

If the guage lied, is there a possability of a dying fuel pump? or pressures not regulating properly? Sounds odd, check things like air filters etc, make sure elements clean, cars need a good deal of air so that the combustion is cleaaaan :D

Infact this sounds awefully like my car now o_O hah.

Back