Show Plates

But they say "100% ROAD LEGAL" so it MUST be okay... :p

Bastards almost had me like this. Always had a thing for pressed plates and wanted some for the K11. Every eBay ad states they're 100% road legal. Rung the feds just to be sure and they're about as illegal as can be. Plates for modern cars need to be made of the plastic reflective stuff!

Bastards almost had me like this. Always had a thing for pressed plates and wanted some for the K11. Every eBay ad states they're 100% road legal. Rung the feds just to be sure and they're about as illegal as can be. Plates for modern cars need to be made of the plastic reflective stuff!

Yeah I've never had my 100% trust on the eBay numbers! Haha

I'm wanting to get pressed plates cause the ones I have now are looking a bit ****e and show plates too

Apparently this is fully legal pressed plates (Fast Car said so :p) if you're still interested!

http://www.dubmeister.co.uk/uk-legal-plates/

Yeah I've never had my 100% trust on the eBay numbers! Haha

I'm wanting to get pressed plates cause the ones I have now are looking a bit ####e and show plates too

Apparently this is fully legal pressed plates (Fast Car said so :p) if you're still interested!

http://www.dubmeister.co.uk/uk-legal-plates/

Oooooh I wonder how they get away with this :D Will check with my local bobbies before I buy, just in case! Don't fancy a £60 fine :p Cheers dude

Apparently this is fully legal pressed plates (Fast Car said so :p) if you're still interested

Yeah right, Fast Car is the new Max Power, just a matter of time before it goes bust. It's blatant they've been getting cheeky handy j's from dubmeister et. al, so they give a bit of publicity.

I've got DVLA documentation at home which states the material is irrelvant so long as the material used complies with regulations.

As in size, colour, font and has to be reflective.

Explains why you can have a number plate sticker vinyl

I've had a rear pressed metal plate for 18months. It's the correct font, sizing, colours and it very much reflective! :)

I've got DVLA documentation at home which states the material is irrelvant so long as the material used complies with regulations.

I've had a rear pressed metal plate for 18months. It's the correct font, sizing, colours and it very much reflective! :)

Where did you order your pressed plate from? :)

Where did you order your pressed plate from? :)
eBay xD So mine are technically show plates still as I never provided docs and the seller isn't legally allowed to provide plates.

BUT, if you go to a licenced provider with docs, they are allowed to sell pressed plates.

Don't suppose you know what the doc reference is do you mate? If I go with pressed plates, it might be handy keeping a copy of it in the car in case I get pulled for them :D

Don't suppose you know what the doc reference is do you mate? If I go with pressed plates, it might be handy keeping a copy of it in the car in case I get pulled for them :D
I'll need to hunt for it. I messaged the guy on eBay and he kindly sent the docs to me in the post. I carefully filed them as you can imagine.

eBay xD So mine are technically show plates still as I never provided docs and the seller isn't legally allowed to provide plates.

BUT, if you go to a licenced provider with docs, they are allowed to sell pressed plates.

Fair enough! Documents could be handy to have in the car just incase the 5-0 decide to get picky with them :D

Back