Should I be getting more mpg?

I spent £20 on unleaded petrol at £1.33 at managed to get 120 Miles by driving as conservatively as I could. When I worked out the mpg is was under 40 if my calculations are correct which is pretty rubbish for a 1.0 03 K21. Have I miscalculated it and if not should I be getting more?

I keep a spreadsheet of my mpg each time I fill up, when I'm home later I'll post the calculation I use for it.

In my 1.4 I average about 34mpg, and it doesn't seem to matter of I drive hard or easy, it always comes back to about the same figure within 1 or 2 mpg.

Try a different brand of fuel, i find that all my motors drink more fuel when it's from a super market. 40mpg for round town driving is about normal, you need to remember that the little 1L engine is pulling a heavy body around and stop/start driving round town doesn't help. But 120 is pretty pathetic, my little 1.2L can manage around 150 on £20. Might be time for a service maybe?

Thats about 36 mpg, which is a bit low, the only accurate way to calculate MPG is to fill up run it for a few hundred miles then fill up again and calculate from that. If you are doing lots of short journeys or city driving then it will be quite low especially getting colder as the car never really warms up.

Actually pork pie has a point, offering fuels last different. I find v power lasts longest, whereas fuel save and total excellium don't save any fuel at all

Texaco's petrol here always gives me a higher amount of miles covered. Your FC is not low,but it's not high either. I get 29-30mpl :p and would be very happy if I had yours :):):)

during winter season fuel economy will drop due to longer warm ups, use of the heater and lights and possibly wheelspin during snow/ice

Back