SHOCK ABSORBERS

• Hi Everyone, has everyone had any problems with their shock absorbers? The main reason for my enquiry is that whenever I drive over a bump or badly made road I can feel all the bumps in the road and it’s bit uncalmable. My K11 is 23years old /1998 shape model and no work been done to the shocks as far as I'm aware, how long should they last? Can anyone help. Thanks Peter0003

Bounce test,
Cornor of the car and bounce it, should settle pretty quick after a bounce or two, if that and if it like jello then dampers ,
On 13s and base model should be quite agile so very responsive in handling and feed back,

Tyre pressures ? Or anything like that ,

Sent from my moto g(6) using Micra Sports Club mobile app

The k11's are a little bit bouncy anyway because the suspension on them is so light when it's stock (for comfort) and the car itself doesn't weigh much

Like NB said, failed/failing dampeners can be tested by leaning on the corner of the car and seeing how quickly it comes to rest again. It's a part of the MOT so for peace of mind it will be checked the next time it is in. They typically fail because they are leaking, which can be a rust issue or can be if you drive on a lot of cobbled roads or farmland for example. I don't remember having changed mine in the last 10 years

• Hi Everyone, has everyone had any problems with their shock absorbers? The main reason for my enquiry is that whenever I drive over a bump or badly made road I can feel all the bumps in the road and it’s bit uncalmable. My K11 is 23years old /1998 shape model and no work been done to the shocks as far as I'm aware, how long should they last? Can anyone help. Thanks Peter0003
Hi, Had problems with mine, front spring snapped and had to replace front shocks and springs in a set as could not get it to steer straight. also took off rear shocks to check , and they were shot. point is to fully examine them , if they are ok now but corroded, chances are they will not last, better now than in middle of winter!!!its cheaper to get some new one's, there is some great bargains to be had at the moment and with the state of the roads at moment you will be safer.

Thanks everyone! Have tried the bounce test in the front & they're very bouncey but the rear are still stiff you push down the rear shocks but they don't bouncy. My mechanic told me to check for leakage but they're very dry, as well as the original springs, there is a little rust but nothing to worry about. Peter0003

JUST a reminder on the 26th July there's a Jap fest at beauli & I attended it last year but saw no MSC anywhere!!! £12:00 to show car & see musium.

just a quick note, my rear dampers had not leaked but were totally useless must have lost internal seal, and it had passed the MOT a week earlier!! ?

Back