Shock Absorbers - I need help

Hi can anyone help.

I live in Guernsey in the Channel Island and have a 1997 K11 March convertible which is in desperate need of new shock absorbers. I have managed to access the official part numbers but the units seem to be as illusive as hens teeth.

Does anyone know where I might source these or if indeed shockers from the hatchbatch would fit. I understand the March Convertible is known as a grey import which I am guessing is why I am struggling.

Any assistance you could give me on this would be gratefully appreciated

Cheers

Graham in Sunny Guernsey

Hi Graham ,

I'm no expert ... but from trying to sort out my own problems I've managed to find my way around parts catalogues and from what I can see the shocks on a Cabriolet are the same as a European 92 to 98 K11 hatchback , they're the same part number . On saying that , the Euro parts catalogue is divided into different regions which are identified by a code and not by country and I havent figured out which code is for the UK.

If the forum mods allow it I would ask the same question but post it in the regular K11 forum as there are a lot of knowledgeable people in there who might not read the Cabriolet Forum - try to get a second opinion .

If you get confirmation of UK units fitting your Japanese Import then there are a lot of sellers on Ebay selling brand new shocks .

There are several K11 groups on Facebook too - you could check with them for advice too.

All I can say is that I wish I had your problem , sometimes sourcing parts for a Ford Model T would seem a whole lot easier : )

Let me know how you get on.

Best of luck !

Hi Graham ,

I'm no expert ... but from trying to sort out my own problems I've managed to find my way around parts catalogues and from what I can see the shocks on a Cabriolet are the same as a European 92 to 98 K11 hatchback , they're the same part number . On saying that , the Euro parts catalogue is divided into different regions which are identified by a code and not by country and I havent figured out which code is for the UK.

If the forum mods allow it I would ask the same question but post it in the regular K11 forum as there are a lot of knowledgeable people in there who might not read the Cabriolet Forum - try to get a second opinion .

If you get confirmation of UK units fitting your Japanese Import then there are a lot of sellers on Ebay selling brand new shocks .

There are several K11 groups on Facebook too - you could check with them for advice too.

All I can say is that I wish I had your problem , sometimes sourcing parts for a Ford Model T would seem a whole lot easier : )

Let me know how you get on.

Best of luck !

With a Tin Lizzie are you lost in the old Micra tin box on wheels forum? :unsure:

After several contradictory results / replies from factors I've just ordered a pair of normal K11 1.3 with ABS Blueprint outer CV joints. I'll post on the forum whether they fit or not.

After several contradictory results / replies from factors I've just ordered a pair of normal K11 1.3 with ABS Blueprint outer CV joints. I'll post on the forum whether they fit or not.
They don't! The outer splines and shafts are fine but the inner splines which fit onto the drive shafts are 2mm too big ie about 25mm but need to be 23mm. I'm still trying to track down the right ones.

Back