She's a softie.

OP
OP
davyboy
Bit of sunshine here today, so off with the cover and give her a bit of air.
Alternator on tomorrow hopefully.
DSC_0037_zpsfjttqtpx.jpg

DSC_0038_zpsfwpmfwpx.jpg

DSC_0039_zpspythy1ia.jpg

DSC_0040_zpsnbe0aitz.jpg

Roll on summer.

I bought one just like that (but with knackered hood cover and a lot more rust) from Kent about 3.5 years ago. I enjoyed it so much that when it died at the end of last summer I imported another one from Japan- red this time with no rust. The last one had an amazing heater but this one is very poor, I'm trying to find a pollen filter to remove. They come with a heated glass rear window but I have only been able to find a replacement cover with a plastic one which is nothing like as nice. This one has a centre arm rest in the front, the last one didn't. When the summer comes you will smile all the time!

OP
OP
davyboy
Nice one :) Mine is not far of showroom, don't think its ever been wet, got to build a garage for it in the summer.
I won't be in it much I gave it to my missus for her birthday.
However it has already raised a stir when its been out.....seen a lot of jaw dropping and double takes :eek:

OP
OP
davyboy
All done and on the road at last YAY ! just waiting for the sun now Mmmmmm!
Also noticed today, she's got turquoise glass to match her colour, and it is a very good match. Only noticed it as was parked by a white wall and it showed up the colour.
Wouldn't think it could be replaced if busted ? Also some-one has cracked the rear brake light since I've had her.....sod it !!!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
davyboy
Well the sun came out today, lovely day down here in Cornwall. Bit of a SSE wind keeping the temps down a bit, but lowered the top and went out for a drive around the seafront, nice, but a bit nippy for the top to be down. Put it back up on the way home.....dogs were OK in it though, didn't try to jump out!!!! so that's good news.
Never been looked at so much in my life, didn't like that much ! no anonymity....BAD.
Found more switches, but don't know what they do yet, pressed them but nothing happened, ah well!
Driving open top, can't say I liked it ! maybe rather have a hardtop with sunroof, we'll see. The missus isn't raving about it either, in fact she said sell it !!! bloody hell give it a go first.....we'll see.
One thing though, when driving have got a sort of whirring, rattling sound, sounds like its coming from the gearbox (which is fine ) but slightly annoying, any ideas ??????
All in all. she drives absolutely faultless, light as a feather on the steering and controls, we'll wait and see if she grows on us. Maybe better when it really warms up.
Also bought a half cover now the rain has eased off a bit, much easier to use than the full one.

MaxK11C

Micraless
Social Brand Manager
Well the sun came out today, lovely day down here in Cornwall. Bit of a SSE wind keeping the temps down a bit, but lowered the top and went out for a drive around the seafront, nice, but a bit nippy for the top to be down. Put it back up on the way home.....dogs were OK in it though, didn't try to jump out!!!! so that's good news.
Never been looked at so much in my life, didn't like that much ! no anonymity....BAD.
Found more switches, but don't know what they do yet, pressed them but nothing happened, ah well!
Driving open top, can't say I liked it ! maybe rather have a hardtop with sunroof, we'll see. The missus isn't raving about it either, in fact she said sell it !!! bloody hell give it a go first.....we'll see.
One thing though, when driving have got a sort of whirring, rattling sound, sounds like its coming from the gearbox (which is fine ) but slightly annoying, any ideas ??????
All in all. she drives absolutely faultless, light as a feather on the steering and controls, we'll wait and see if she grows on us. Maybe better when it really warms up.
Also bought a half cover now the rain has eased off a bit, much easier to use than the full one.
Oh dear! after all that!

Give it time, you'll get used to it and learn to love it! :p

Also bought a half cover now the rain has eased off a bit, much easier to use than the full one[/SIZE].

As something of a veteran top down Micra/March driver, I can assure you it does grow on you, people smile where ever you go. Once when I was driving through a very rough Sheffield estate in the evening, I stopped at some lights and a black BMW full of scarred tattooed lads who looked accustomed to enforcing drug deals stopped along side me all staring hard. I wondered if maybe having the top down was such a good idea, then one of them leaned out of the window with a massive grin and shouted "Yeah li-le micra soft top!" and they all cheered and shouted as they shot off with a squeal of tyres. It is completely classless and unthreatening and it makes people happy without envy. Nobody runs a key down the side no matter where you park it. I never once locked my last one in 3 years. You will soon fall in love with it

OP
OP
davyboy
We will give it a bit of time, like I said, when the weather warms up it should enamour itself a bit more - fingers crossed.
You never know Max, may give it to you for your birthday :p

MaxK11C

Micraless
Social Brand Manager
We will give it a bit of time, like I said, when the weather warms up it should enamour itself a bit more - fingers crossed.
You never know Max, may give it to you for your birthday :p
In that case fingers crossed you hate it ;)

6th of November btw - I'm not fussy how early or late it is ;)

OP
OP
davyboy
Well just got back....that was toooughh drinking - Missus has slightly changed to liking it now :confused:!!! Women....can't live without them !;)

MaxK11C

Micraless
Social Brand Manager
Well just got back....that was toooughh drinking - Missus has slightly changed to liking it now :confused:!!! Women....can't live without them !;)
I'm not surprised, I can barely do one day of drinking ..
Just one of those things to get used to eh :)

Lovely Micra Davy what year is she where I live in the channel islands we don't have letters on our plates my reg is 5077!

Thanks for sharing your experiences

Cheers
Andy

OP
OP
davyboy
Lovely Micra Davy what year is she where I live in the channel islands we don't have letters on our plates my reg is 5077!

Thanks for sharing your experiences

Cheers
Andy
Hello Andy. Thanks for your comments. She's an R plate 98 reg. The missus loves her now, she's a dream to drive, and the lightest thing on the steering you couldn't believe. I've a few things to put right but really minor stuff. The missus hasn't put the roof down yet, not warm enough!:rolleyes:
I have, and it was OK for me, not fussed really, I gave it to her for her 71st birthday, but we've kept the other micra as well (that's 3 I have) her old blue 1.4 auto is an awesome piece of kit, can't see me parting with it. We use it as a wet weather, general use car now, the softie only comes out when its dry. My micra is for my dogs :rolleyes: means I don't have to clean it - YAY!!!!!
Anyways, get one if you can, they're pretty impressive little things, what with the goodies they come with, fully loaded or what !

OP
OP
davyboy
Well here's a surprise, got home from football today and the missus says "don't want the soft top!!!" she likes it, but does not think it suits her.
I suggested she waits until summer to try it with the top down, nope, she won't drive it with the top down :confused: wouldn't feel right:confused:
No changing her mind that's for sure. I'm not fussed about it, and she hasn't grown on us.
I'm going to sit on it for a few days, may even drive her for a while to see if she grows on me as I haven't driven her more than 3 times, and that was just to turn her over, went to Asda twice....500 yards and around the seafront once 10 miles. I know I didn't like the attention she attracted.
So, I'll hang on a few days and put 12 months MOT on her and see how it pans out.
I think she will be sold though, just didn't grow on us - AH WELL!!!!!

Perhaps the issue is “three’s a crowd and you have two too many” Micra’s!

Nothing ventured nothing gained & now is the time to put the novelty Beach Boulevard cruising showboat on Gumtree/free ads/MSC and take your profit cash on collection. That’s how I would enjoy the overall journey from start to finish and put it all down to useful fun experience.

https://www.micra.org.uk/threads/selling-our-k11-cabriolet.63969/

Enjoy! ;) :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
davyboy
You may be right plmval, missus has said she likes the blue auto /sunroof to much to really get an interest in the softie.
However I have said we will keep her until we have a seafront cruise in her with the top down. We'll see, for the moment she's staying.
I have to put 12 months ticket on her next month, that'll be the deciding day methinks, she will walk through it I'm sure.

Hi Davy mate she looks lovely with her top off the car that is! Shame if you have to sell her but keep me in mind if you do might shelve the Tempest project and look for a March soft top now!

Cheers mate
Andy

OP
OP
davyboy
There's one on the buy and sell thread at the moment Andy, he's selling pretty cheap too, its in London I think - fill yer boots.

OP
OP
davyboy
MOT coming up soon, started having a bit of a look over, or under her just in case. Got a pleasant surprise when I did actually have a look.
The inner sills are as new, and the cross member the same. happy days YAY.
DSC_0006_zpsvl8dufdo.jpg

DSC_0003_zpsamae04vr.jpg

DSC_0008_zpsnib7e557.jpg

Here she is all wrapped up snug and cosy, weather will dry up eventually.....won't it????
DSC_0009_zpsfh5th8mi.jpg

Here's one of my doggies playing peek a boo (couldn't resist this one sorry)
DSC_0012_zpsq68vecvm.jpg

OP
OP
davyboy
Put her in for MOT today, as I thought, straight through - no problems :D
And now the news - she's 99% sold ! some-one coming to look at her on Tuesday, I think he will have her.
Missus likes her 1.3 auto to much to take a liking to her, I took her out for drive with the roof down pre MOT to warm her up and my ciggie kept blowing out ! can't be having that - so she's sold.
I expect a picture will turn up on here when he gets her home, going to a good home for many years I would think - going to be queen and king of the island.....work it out LOL

OP
OP
davyboy
Sold and gone to a good home in Guernsey. Hope you enjoy it Andy.
Not for me or the missus, didn't take to her, although she was a little beauty, a joy to drive - and unbelievably light on the steering, just not for us.
I know Andy will be a good owner for her, as he's micra bonkers !
I'm looking forward to the pictures of her in her new home, and the piccy's of his going to be all chrome micra !!!
Spoke to him today, he was in halfrauds buying goodies for her already, and planning to clean the engine bay!!!! I thought it was spotless.o_O
Just like mine ermmm.....maybe not.
Missing her already ......maybe I should buy another ? only joking of course.

Hi Davy mate she a real beauty drove up from Newlyn Cornwall to Portsmouth today and she flew cruised at 90mph at times with her top down also had 2 offers to sell her within 24 hours of our relationship lol :D

Cheers
Andy :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
davyboy
Hi Davy mate she a real beauty drove up from Newlyn Cornwall to Portsmouth today and she flew cruised at 90mph at times with her top down also had 2 offers to sell her within 24 hours of our relationship lolB-)
Sounds like she's a popular girl (if you know what I mean ;))
You're going to be king and queen of the island - YO!!!

On the journey up country through Wiltshire I was (joined) tailed for a few miles by a Red K11 (looked like a 2000-2002 model pimped a bit) saw her in my mirror (young guy driving) stayed with her for a while then I opened up the Cab and lost her sorry mate if your in MSC but had to get up to Portsmouth but it was good having the company of a fellow K11! :D

Cheers

After a short cruise south together the "new" babe and me have arrived in K11 Micra Island Paradise and she the "Tart" is already drawing attention to herself people seem amazed seeing a soft top Micra lol! :D

Rouge 5 is getting a bit jealous because of all of the attention she gets when she pulls her top down!

Cheers