• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

shero new pics

Shero

Ex. Club Member
So my old blog takes ages to load as i didnt resise the pictures so it annoys me waiting,:down: if you want to have a look at it just give it a while http://www.micra.org.uk/showthread.php?t=30392
but ill just use this one from now on.

Started life as this which was rusted as foook if you look thro the old blog youll see.
s8001072.jpg

mods so far are..

15" wolfrace alloys resprayed white
D2 coilovers
whiteline panhard rod
OMP front strut brace
Toyo proxes t1-r's
helix group N clutch
stripped interior, left the dash for now + 2 seats for me and a pal. ha

flushed bonnet scooshers
12 jet bus sprayers on wipers :p
flused ariel mount
removed and flushed rear wiper
bump strips in the bin
sprayed any black bits white (- the door handles)
cone for 100 bhp gain :p
sony xplod head unit
strobe lites
under bonnet lights

to fit:-
grooved drilled vented discs and sunny calipers
new toyos :p
fuel pressure valve
new front wishbones / ball joint
tie rod ends
plastic rear windows
td04 and a few bits (Y)
1600 injecters

to get:-
Walbro fuel pump
ga16 tb
more whiteline bits
fiberglass bonnet / wings
camber bolts
and more bits which i cant think/ :p

dsc00494b.jpg

dsc00444wb.jpg

p181109114901.jpg

p1811091149.jpg

p1811091150.jpg

p1811091151.jpg

p181109115003.jpg

( i no its nt a march and im not a " im JDM out ma nut cuz iv got a clapped out civic" but i ripped my sunstrip and it was the biggest sticker i had to cover the hole! :p so no abuse for the oap stiker.

p181109115001.jpg

more pics soon, fones no wantin to upload tonite.

some more pics of yesterdays work.

no bonnet FTW!
p1012091036.jpg

p1012091326.jpg

old clutch new one and gearbox.
p101209224001.jpg

no box :D
p101209224101.jpg

p1012091327.jpg

p1012091330.jpg

p1012091331.jpg

p101209133101.jpg

p1012091332.jpg

p1012091905.jpg

p101209190502.jpg

some better stopping
p1012091907.jpg

cheers, just got nice new wishbones in, they look soooo good. get in to it tonight if i can survive the cold. :D

after much festive lazyness i finally got the clutch replaced and gear box back in so just waitin on 2 new cv joints and then get all the other nu parts bolted up next week and hopefully get it out and get some pics up :d

So after a few problems i finaly rolled the micra out my garage tonite for a test run. :D
ended up that I had a primera clutch instead of the micra paddle one so it didnt fit. matt humphris soon sorted me out with the right one and I got it in last nite.
just got me a 1.6 T/B and i alredy have the injecters so just need to get ecu form the scrappy and ill be on my way.

the handling is heavy goosed because ive replaced a lot of my suspension / steerin bits so ill get it in to pro grip at the weekend and get it all lazerd up.

Ill get some pics of how its sitting later/ tomorrow but im just chuffed ive got it runnin! :D:D

p1901101229.jpg

all my clutches. haaa
p1901101522.jpg

p200110165702.jpg

p200110165701.jpg

p2001101657.jpg

p2001101656.jpg

Ehh i dunno really, gunna need to scratch my head a bit first. lol. have you ran the 1.6 stuff on any of yours before?

Ehh i dunno really, gunna need to scratch my head a bit first. lol. have you ran the 1.6 stuff on any of yours before?

yeh, there,s some pics in my blog of the icv,s cut off and the CG icv mounted remotely (the 1.6 ones are different and they hit the fuelrail, as does the throttle cable bracket)
an alternative is to angle the t/b backwards somehow :eek: and figure out the wiring on the icv,s

have a look at mines :) i made the plate for the front, filled the holes on the top and i stupidly cut the throttle cable support bracket around the injector then found out you can rotate the injector 90 degrees lol also with these bits on it'll run really smooth, no flatspots so enjoy :)

Attachments

• DSC00993.JPG
    DSC00993.JPG
    776.6 KB · Views: 907
  • DSC00994.JPG
    DSC00994.JPG
    695.8 KB · Views: 1,005
stani, do you know a boy in kinross , its him im getting the TB off, looks like a silver micra, janspeed and blue cam cover???

cheers for the pics :D

had a look at your frank, can see ideas. lol. :D ill get to work soon and progress mite be slow, starting up my owm bisnesss so time must be given to that! lol.
and i thot i would be turbod by late april. haaaa.

ahhhh well! :D

p2101101626.jpg

before a wash
p2101101625.jpg

dear government clowns.. :D
p210110162402.jpg

how my old one "shapes" up. haaa, a really gay micra joke!
p210110162401.jpg

so clutch is in and workin and soo good to eventually feel the pull of a 1300. but my steerings all away to hell so only had it out for 15 minits, goin in to get on the lazers sometime this week and will be sorted.
Goin to pik up the throttle body on saturday so just need to get the 1600 ecu from the scrappy , btw, how do I find out if it has nats?

where the hell dd you get that tax disc holder, i love it!! and i want one now!! about the ecu see if the scrappy has the key for the car and that will have nats on the key. im not clued up any more that way so thats the only way can think

have a look at mines :) i made the plate for the front, filled the holes on the top and i stupidly cut the throttle cable support bracket around the injector then found out you can rotate the injector 90 degrees lol also with these bits on it'll run really smooth, no flatspots so enjoy :)

attachment.php

attachment.php

Hi Stani, i installed a 1.6 TB, just like yours, but it idles badly, see it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP75lLfXpPY

Its just my Micra that does this, or is it normal?

Sorry to hijack your thread Shero :blush:

No bother man, I dont care, end of the day will probly answer a question I have later anyway but youd be better off startin a thread to get a few more views and advice. but im no botherd either way :D.
Yeh the tax holder gets alot of "thats brilliant where did you get it." sent you a link for it anyway.

Sound well that was the only way i thought but i doubt they'll have the keys it must be stamped somewhere, need to have a hunt next time im up.

Goin to pik up the throttle body on saturday so just need to get the 1600 ecu from the scrappy , btw, how do I find out if it has nats?

i think the GA,s have an extra nats box under the steering wheel shero (which might complicate things)
and i think the pinouts/wiring are different for nats and non-nats
but if yours is non/pre nats then a non/pre nats 1.6 ecu may be a straight fit :)

Yeh mines is non nats , so from what ive looked at the non nats GA ecu will just plug and play. Ill just get a 1300 ecu when im up there and see how it matches up with the ga one and hopefully somewhere it will have a nats stiker or something so I know whats going on.

Yeh mines is non nats , so from what ive looked at the non nats GA ecu will just plug and play. Ill just get a 1300 ecu when im up there and see how it matches up with the ga one and hopefully somewhere it will have a nats stiker or something so I know whats going on.

you should be fine then shero, i think all the plugs are physically the same (just different pinouts/wiring) its just that there are posts on the AOC describing the chip, the ignition reciever/ring thingy, the ecu and another box on the steering column :)

What's the point in useing the 1600 ECU bud? it's not going to make much of a diffrance you will be better off useing the correct Ecu for the 1.3 and have some form of management?

shes looking real good fair play shero! Has come along way since you first got her. Gotta say though I need that disc holder in my life! Anychance of sending me the link aswell, pretty please :D

What's the point in useing the 1600 ECU bud? it's not going to make much of a diffrance you will be better off useing the correct Ecu for the 1.3 and have some form of management?

it has its merits according to some
http://www.micra.org.uk/showthread.php?t=11
if you,re using a 1.6 t/b and injectors, then the 1.6 ecu may well be better suited to the different values that the 1.6 maf is sending ?
(ie, a well sorted CG breathes about the same amount of fuel/air as a 1.6 and outputs the same hp, so would need a similar map surely ?) :)

Well the plan was and is, to turbo it and I have a fair ammout of the stuff i need, it will be running a td04 with a nistune board on either the 1300 or the 1600 ecu but the guy thats mapping said the 1600 ecu might offer better gains he has been on to his nistune guy and Im waiting to see what he says. its only a thought someone had so im up for trying it but the 1300 ecu will deffo be getting mapped (when turbod) if the 1600 one isnt going to be any use.

So thats why im not getting the 1300 mapped just now as it will be a bit of a waste as it will only be NA for a short time hopefully, So a GA ecu would give me a small increase i think for the time bein as ive read up on some others thata have used it and seems to be a worth while mod..
But for now I dont have the time I used to because of the shop im starting so im just going for 1600 bits and a janspeed if I can get a hold of one and some internal bits im after, then when i get the time and some cash freed up it will get boosted and mapped ectect.
But i get where your cumming from.

yeh frank i was just hunting thru the AOC there to try and get some ideas of how to figure it oot. :D

cheers collison yeh no bother here its for anyone who wants it And its only £3 full of win! :D

http://www.volkswagenstickers.co.uk/index2.php?cmd=search&cat=17

No bother man, I dont care, end of the day will probly answer a question I have later anyway but youd be better off startin a thread to get a few more views and advice. but im no botherd either way :D

Thanks for the advice mate, i will do that. :grinning:

well im shure ED will comment on this but i dont think there is much diffrance in the 1.3 ecu to the 1.6 ecu when turboing....the almera lads use the 1.3 ECU from a micra as ED has maped a turbo almear with the 1.3 ecu if im not mistaking, and you carnt just run a turbo on the 1.6 ECU it needs management/remap and this has been said so so so many times but people dont listen fwn

also why use the td04? its far too big! tis only a 1.3 engine dont forget. you will be better with a t2/25 style turbo

it will be running a td04 with a nistune board on either the 1300 or the 1600 ecu but the guy thats mapping said the 1600 ecu might offer better gains he has been on to his nistune guy and Im waiting to see what he says. its only a thought someone had so im up for trying it but the 1300 ecu will deffo be getting mapped (when turbod) if the 1600 one isnt going to be any use.

Some people just dont read, im not an idiot, ive clearly said that either the 1300 or the 1600 WILL be getting mapped so dont say I dont listen!!!
youve clearly just read this as some idiot wanting to turbo a micra and not got a clue., If you look it says that the ecu from a 1600 is a thought that the guy thats mapping it had, and was away to research what could be done and if theres any gains to be had from it, if not it will be the 1300 ill be using.
and you have ran a td04 and know its too big yeh? ive seen a bigger turbo than the td04 and that was NEVER MAPPED and the fuleing was totaly rong but still made a very quick micra.
i doubt its too big the starlet boys are pushig 200+ bhp with td04 on a 1300 so it can be used.

so ed has put a 1300 ecu in a bigger turbod engine and its ok for him to do it? I bet no one questiond him, but because I want to swap ecus im "not listning"??? your fiting against yourself by saying that theres no diffrence in the ecus when turboing ....then saying ed's swapped then so clearly there is gains from changing them.

Just let me try things myself if i wrek it then its my fault.

You're missing a small point Shero. Ed used the k11 micra ecu on an almera at the time because he had a proven solution that allowed the car to be remapped. Ed very regularly used k11 non nats ecus as a workaround for cars with nats that nistine didn't offer a board from. Ed never just plugs things in unless he's trying to scare me by shoving reverse voltage through a diode!

If you're going for a turbo anyway I would save your time and leave the stock ecu & throttlebody, the 1.6 ecu, throttlebody and injectors will make little if any difference for the short time they will be in......Ed and I tried this years back and quickly reverted back to stock.

If you want try it but you'll only notice percieved improvements on part throttle due to the bigger throttle when related to throttle position, (requires less throttle position), actual power output increase is next to nothing......

ECUs from the GA16 and GA14 engines cannot be remapped. So I modify K11 ones that can and then fit those, and then map to suit.

Its a waste of time to fit a 1.6 ECU the airflow map even with the right MAF etc will be totally out.

I have seen so many K11 turbos over the last 10 years. A great proportion of them were built as it appears your going to Shero. In the nicest possible way do your self a favour and listen to those who have done this and I promise it will pay dividends.

The likes of Dave and myself get really frustrated to see the same errors time and time again, especially when they could be avoided. "Just let me try things myself if i wrek it then its my fault." Why would you want to do this? Don't you want to take a bit leap in your understanding based on what we know will work for you? :)

Just a thought!!

i thought we were supposed to be encouraging each other on here fwn (not all these put-downs, "ooh that will be too big" "that wont work" etc)
there,s so many conflicting opinions !! this is where the likes of polly,s blog is so valuable (before and after dyno results, ie proof :cool:)

see i understand all your ideas and obviously need advice and knowladge from the lot of you and believ me the first thing I would have done would post up when I was going for it and ask everyones advice with a full spec and the plan I had, it just annoys me that the small mention of turboing gets me told im doing it wrong and not listning.
The thing is ive never said I was going to turbo and not get proper management i was never going to just try and run a GA ecu and keep my fingers crossed, you have said the 1600 ecu is useless which is what I was waiting for my mapper guy to find out, so thanks for that ed it will be the 1300 ill be using then when its turbod then.
But i really dont appritiate being told Im not listning, when ive read all the turbo blogs and seen the arguments, im not wanting to melt my pistons I just want to build a fast micra.

least frank sees where im cumming from :D

i thought we were supposed to be encouraging each other on here fwn (not all these put-downs, "ooh that will be too big" "that wont work" etc)
there,s so many conflicting opinions !! this is where the likes of polly,s blog is so valuable (before and after dyno results, ie proof :cool:)

Exactly.....we have plenty of proof floating around ;)

We should be going forward as a club, being innovative and working together, not fighting and exchanging egos when someone points out that a proposed solution may not be the best course of action........this unfortunately happens a lot when it comes to turbos and very few of the people involved actually have any experience at all and ironically the man who has the most when it comes to K11's, (Ed), cops the most grief for it.

I firmly believe that we should act like a club and pull together on projects. You've got a nice car coming along Shero, so anything we can do to assist you on your path, please feel free to ask. PM if necessary, that way you can get sound personal advice.

Ed's the man when it comes to re-mapping K11's but he's only easily available to us southeners, (I live 16miles from his workshop hahahaha!) ;). He's mapped my K11 several times in various states of tune and even on a N/A setup the differences are outstanding and well worth it.

Please keep the blog going :)

Low rider I totaly see where your coming from I just got angry at this micra69 guy putting across like i dont have a clue. even tho he had no idea what I was planning on using or my exact set up, I mean I dont even know what ill be running in the end but he was quick enuff to say ive done it wrong already without even reading what I have said. so that was bang out.

but as for advice believe me when i have the rest of the parts and then when I need advice on the other stuff I need to sort out I will be asking the people I thik can help and I know you and Ed know (along with others) what your talking about. he wont be getting grief form me, I know to get the best from anything you need good mapping and he obviusly has the knowladge so Ill hope I can get advice from the lot of you.

aye ill be keeping it updated as much as I can. still waiting on my mate getting back to me about the tracking. :D

what are you banging on about mate??? not once have i said or made out like you dont have a clue and yea i dont know what you are planing thats why i asked..... i then went on to say there is no point in the 1.6 ECU as the 1.3 is good enough if not better its not as if im slagging you, your car or the way you go about it. i thought i was just giving you a heads up and i will say sorry if it came across wrong, but what is the point in blogging if you carnt take a little constructive critisism or advive and just jump strate on the defencive?

and you carnt just run a turbo on the 1.6 ECU it needs management/remap and this has been said so so so many times but people dont listen fwn
thats what annoied me, I never said i was going to try and run a 1.6 ecu on a turbod car .
im all up for critisisims and advice and if ive done something stupid ect ec i can take all that. I think it musta came across rong so ill just imagin weve huged n made up. haa.

Sorry I can now see how it would look to you I meant it as a reminder to do it the correct way and not getto style as in a push In the right direction and i didn't mean you when I said it's been done many times and people don't listen I didnt mean it towards you bud.

Anyways isn't stani still selling the e-manage? You could benifit from it if you are going through with the turbo

also about the td04....correct me if I'm wrong but are you just useing it because you are getting/have a td04 with manifold alredy made? If you want to use a smaler turbo bud I would be more than happy to put you a manifold together for a t25 or similler if you wanted as a smaller turbo would be a lot better giving more responce and quicker spool times

Hi Stani, i installed a 1.6 TB, just like yours, but it idles badly, see it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP75lLfXpPY

Its just my Micra that does this, or is it normal?

Sorry to hijack your thread Shero :blush:

is it very low on idle? my internet sucks so the video s taking ages lol with it fitted to my n/a 1.3 it run sweet. have you gotta fuel pressure regulator? i adjusted this and the idle screw on the tb to get the idle right

Stani, If I may point out (hope you agree lol) before someone reads your post wrong. That the 1.6 stuff you tried still resulted in engine failure as it was running lean. Although it drove better, it was still not safe. Agree?

Back