• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Shaun's Super S (K11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What paint you using? Not halfords is it? There colorr matching is always pants

Looks awesome though mate!

Only concern would be cooling for engine?

Nope not halfords. the colour match is fine i think it is just me being a numpty!

Thankyou.

And gonna try and sort that out by lifting the air upwards from behind the bumper opening.
Also i have the old grill back on now. Need to rub down the lacquer and buff it still.

Update:
Compounded the grill t-cut it and waxed it.
Not happy with it at all so will finish it off another time. just can't get the right shade damn pearl colour!!

that would have been nice to see at the meet,gonna have one of them grill and 2 other style one's

Blackened Headlights:

Blacklights.jpg

Will have some nice updates soon hopefully...

Today i replaced a broken door handle and a new rear demister switch as the bulb had gone.
Don't seem to have too much time nowadays :(

go on shaun cars looking fine!
you telling me you shoved all your time tokens in the fruit machine?

go on shaun cars looking fine!
you telling me you shoved all your time tokens in the fruit machine?
Haha yeah something like that!
Need all sorts of stuff to make my dream come true for this little green goblin. :p

So really you and Mckenziecz have thrown your toys out the pram and gone elsewhere...? Fair enough.

Cars looking lovely regardless Shaun (Y)

So really you and Mckenziecz have thrown your toys out the pram and gone elsewhere...? Fair enough.

Cars looking lovely regardless Shaun (Y)

Excuse me? it has nothing to do with toys and prams. if we decide to go elsewhere we will, this isn't the only micra forum out there adding another one will do no harm to anyone.

Excuse me? it has nothing to do with toys and prams. if we decide to go elsewhere we will, this isn't the only micra forum out there adding another one will do no harm to anyone.

No, your quite correct and considering the events of last few days I would recommend that some users make the most of this new forum.

Best of luck with your new forum.

Updated My Youtube Channel Today:
In HD and windy!
[video=youtube;wbSLSui-s-E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbSLSui-s-E[/video]

Test Fit Of My New Wheels:

NewWheelsTestFit6.jpg

NewWheelsTestFit7.jpg

Problem Is The Caliper Actually Fouls On The Weights:

NewWheelsTestFit3.jpg

NewWheelsTestFit5.jpg

Very Close Gap Otherwise Which Is Fine:

NewWheelsTestFit4.jpg

How Close I Am To Lipping Curbs:

NewWheelsTestFit8.jpg

NewWheelsTestFit1.jpg

As The Car Stands:

NewWheelsTestFit2.jpg

To solve the rubbing issue i think i have a plan... :blush:

Videos pretty cool, not quite the midnight run like this k11 vid, have you tried it bumper mounted?

Very jealous on the wheels, I was thisss close to buying them lol. Weights on the inside of the rim would work? Can't wait to see them on, what tyre size you going for?

Two Updates In One Day! (aren't you guys lucky!)

Before:
AlloyRefurb2.jpg

AlloyRefurb1.jpg

After:
AlloyRefurb3.jpg

AlloyRefurb4.jpg

Just need to do the other 3 at some point and hopefully get it even more shiny-er! :D

Good work fella. Good choice to take them back to that point to break the paint/polish. I regreted it immediately that I painted them further out the first time round.

Somebody is turning in their grave about those centres though!

Thanks everyone for the compliments!
Sanded them back with 400 then a little 800 wet & dry then Mckenziecz broke out his metal polishing tool.
will go over them all again upto 1500 for a mirror finish (hopefully)
Good work fella. Good choice to take them back to that point to break the paint/polish. I regreted it immediately that I painted them further out the first time round.

Somebody is turning in their grave about those centres though!

Don't quite follow about the centers?

superlight on wolfrace

Edit: also I was thinking you can "shave" a bit of the actual calipers. I have seen it done b4.

I think it will be ok once the weights are taken off and get the clip on ones from the back.
Superlight on wolfrace... i've seen ferrari badges on Vw's lol

I've had 'em ballenced up in the past without issue, maybe weights inbetween the spokes, or further out in the deep part of the inner rim. My current ones are shocking they were scraping really badly on the weights one I left the tyre fitters, but I didn't have time to stop and get 'em moved. The caliper has removed them now, so there's no more scraping, just a really bad wobble at 60-70mph.

Once you get the longer studs on there, you might decide to space the fronts a bit as well, that would prbably put the weights clear of the caliper.

I've had 'em ballenced up in the past without issue, maybe weights inbetween the spokes, or further out in the deep part of the inner rim. My current ones are shocking they were scraping really badly on the weights one I left the tyre fitters, but I didn't have time to stop and get 'em moved. The caliper has removed them now, so there's no more scraping, just a really bad wobble at 60-70mph.

Once you get the longer studs on there, you might decide to space the fronts a bit as well, that would prbably put the weights clear of the caliper.
Yeah i was thinking spacers :) the backs will have to be out more though :D Tyres should hopefully be sorted mid may :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back