SFX Kit

Just wondering if anyone has tried it... Seems like a tempting price with the three different levels.

www.sfxperformance.com or something like that.

I still fancy a DIY build though, I do have a spare toyota CT26 lying around with two manifolds.

ayat

Ex. Club Member
Yeah I Used It On My Old Micra, Definately Well Worth The Money, If U Try To Source Everything Seperately You Will Definately Be Spending More, Try And Knock Of The Engine Management And Get It Even Cheaper , Fifth Injector Not The Way To Go, And See If You Can Play Around With The Pipe Work For A More Shorter Route, The Kit Was Desighned To Miss Power Steering And Air Con So I Think Goes The Long Way Round. Get Custom Fuel Rail 370cc Injectors And Engine Mangement With Emanage Or Standalone Omex And Forged Internals, Ed Would Be Ur Man 4 That. Otherwise Worth The Money.

OP
OP
C
I have air con and power steering, so will probably have to accept the longer route. Being an engineering student I am very tempted to DIY it all. I could get an intercooler and pipework for under £20 from the local industrial estate. The manifold is the main selling point, I could make my own but would rather buy one ready-made to save time.

E-Manage has been talked about in detail on www.micra.com.au but I have no idea how much it costs...

Has anyone tried the Dastek UniChip units? IIRC these were re-programmable piggy-back units - Although it may go out of range quite quickly.

I have air con and power steering, so will probably have to accept the longer route. Being an engineering student I am very tempted to DIY it all. I could get an intercooler and pipework for under £20 from the local industrial estate. The manifold is the main selling point, I could make my own but would rather buy one ready-made to save time.

E-Manage has been talked about in detail on www.micra.com.au but I have no idea how much it costs...

Has anyone tried the Dastek UniChip units? IIRC these were re-programmable piggy-back units - Although it may go out of range quite quickly.

You would be better off with an emanage tbh as you'll have much more control with the mapping etc. Last I knew of they were around £350 + around £100 of wiring. (drop Ed @ Fusion Motorsport on the forum a PM for a more accurate price).

James.

The manifold is the main selling point, I could make my own but would rather buy one ready-made to save time.

A good manifold is extremely important, not saying that you cant make one yourself its just that the design of a ready made mamifold has been tested and designed to get the best performance (well the decent ones.).