Service: spark plugs and oil change. Advice/help please!

Hey MSC. I kno this has probably been covered before, however I have no clue where to start.
I have standard 1 litter s reg k11, and I am wanting to change the oil and spark plugs. From what I've read I need 10w-40 oil. I don't have a clue what thus us but yeah. Can anyone advise me what oil and plugs will be ideal for my little car.
Thanks for any help!

I am in the same boat, and i have been told to use 10/40 oil. Which i will be doing and for the service i will be changing the following item:

Engine oil and filter
Air filter
Fuel filter
Spark plugs and leads
Gearbox oil 75/90

Anyone see if i missed anything?

Thanks
Ming

Right so I got the right oil then, what about the plugs? Anyone have any information on them, still no closer to understanding it all. Thanks

andy

Ex. Club Member
Right so I got the right oil then, what about the plugs? Anyone have any information on them, still no closer to understanding it all. Thanks

i have bosch super 4 in mine. they work fine for me had them in me super,s aswell ....no preblems

just got to the motor factors and give them you reg or chassis, they willl get the plugs for ya. Mosy plugs nowadays are pre gapped.

Ming

C0llis0n

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
You have to set the gap of a spark plug is what Ming's saying. You can pick up a spark plug meter (to measure spark plug gaps) from Hellfrauds for about £5

Just get some bogstandard 10W-40(or similar) oil from your Motorfactors.

The basic spark plugs used for the k11 are: NGK BKR5E-11, you'll get these from most places or buy them online, got my recent ones for about a £1 each!

Also make sure you do change the oil filter when changing the oil, it'l only set you back around another £5 (Y)

You have to set the gap of a spark plug is what Ming's saying. You can pick up a spark plug meter (to measure spark plug gaps) from Hellfrauds for about £5

Just get some bogstandard 10W-40(or similar) oil from your Motorfactors.

The basic spark plugs used for the k11 are: NGK BKR5E-11, you'll get these from most places or buy them online, got my recent ones for about a £1 each!

Also make sure you do change the oil filter when changing the oil, it'l only set you back around another £5 (Y)

£1 Each for NGK BKR5E-11? can you let me know where you can get that from? i would stock at lease 10....

Thanks

Got some last night BKR5E-11 NGK V Grove, 4 for £4.89 :D.

I think you could go into the store and if you got loads of motor factor reciepy and show evidences that you work on the car alot they will give you one :).

I got oil filter, air filter, fuel filter and plugs for about £15.