Serious wheel fitment...

Ok, I had 15's on my last k10 and liked the size on the car but had to seriously roll the arches to get them under and they would still rub if I was giving it the beans round the bends or had too much weight in the back so I'm making lots of room for my new ultralite ul48's and fitting wider blister arches on the rear. The car has been butchered and caked in sickaflex in the past so job number one was to tidy all that up and cut the rear arches right back. Here is what I have done so far... Will update....

399b6b35b71e1e1f7f1414f50338cf11.jpg

7f042a1fe6f6402f0009991849e76c4e.jpg

db6306dbb2bb1cc6fde326f9a215fb12.jpg

Thanks, yea i have been throwing a bit of fibreglass around, the old ones were just thrown on by the previous owner and look terrible...

h701micra

Deactivated Account
I can't say much I rush everything when it comes to my car but that's what come round to biting me back
I've got to get me some if the wider wheels too, look smart

We're all guilty of it but I like to say, "Do it right, Do it once" I despise the previous owner of this car as he has just bodged every "repair" he did, the sunroof is a monstrosity and so are the arches, I even debated just buying David's one he has for sale and swapping everything over, but I like the idea of giving this one a new lease of life even if it does mean more work for me.

Can I ask what coilovers u have on yours? I've heard corsa b are an easy swap with just a bit of modding,

Yeah I like the wide/dishy wheel look, gonna be doing a subtle bozozoku theme with this one and hopefully an engine and gearbox swap down the line.

Btw if anyone has any engine, boxes for sale then please let me know!

I've just noticed ur the guy who makes the rear strut braces for these that I have found on eBay, where are u based and what else do u do as I'm a fellow alignment technician and I'm looking to do some trick mods.... Full adjustment, maybe even independent rear suspension down the line, maybe a civic rear axle.... Mjuhaha

h701micra

Deactivated Account
Yay, suspension friend :p you will understand when I say suspension is so misunderstood :D

I'm in Louth, Lincolnshire, always appear to be miles from anyone. I make pretty much everything, seem to be doing more fabrication than I do corner weighting these days

Independent rear suspension is in my pipeline. Its custom made jobby, which uses the standard mounting points, fully adjustable too. Trail arm length, camber, toe, width adjustment. Its all very complicated but I love a challenge :)

Definitely, I have set up many Track/drift cars in the last few years and will be putting the k10 on the weights once I have coils, my old one was coilovers, corner weighted and had federal rsr track tyres on most of the time, used to give people a right shock round eh twisty bits lol! do u do any rear camber set ups? I would make my own but as I stated, I don't have eh time as the car needs to stay on the road,

h701micra

Deactivated Account
No pics on it yet, it was requested by someone as a project for them so I can only share info with them, unless he wishes to share it, just the way it goes :) but once its out n done I'll happily share

I wonder what another K10 will weigh, race ready mine weighs 626kg :) half tank and me in it, but I have gone above n beyond when it comes to weight saving on mine :/
Never set up a drift car myself, but I started out with rally cars and you'd be amazed just how different the setups are in those coilovers alone, really is a good experience if you can get involved in that.

I'm on T1R proxes at the mo, I wanted to test out the hype that surrounded em but moving on up to Advan AD06's, meant to be a very good tyre, got next year as testing as I'm moving over to Time Attack series, so plenty to try out and test on my completely new setup. Was going to use Bridgestone SO2's but they dont come in a 15" size :( that I've seen anyway

h701micra

Deactivated Account
We're all guilty of it but I like to say, "Do it right, Do it once" I despise the previous owner of this car as he has just bodged every "repair" he did, the sunroof is a monstrosity and so are the arches, I even debated just buying David's one he has for sale and swapping everything over, but I like the idea of giving this one a new lease of life even if it does mean more work for me.

Can I ask what coilovers u have on yours? I've heard corsa b are an easy swap with just a bit of modding,

Yeah I like the wide/dishy wheel look, gonna be doing a subtle bozozoku theme with this one and hopefully an engine and gearbox swap down the line.

Btw if anyone has any engine, boxes for sale then please let me know!

I didnt even see this post so I apologise :)
I'm going through the do it once do it right phase at the minute on a complete pull down

I make my own coilovers using some bits n bobs from the kind fellows at GAZ, I also modify the polo ones to fit micras too they're very popular things
http://www.micra.org.uk/threads/coilovers.61583/
DSC01627.JPG

What sort of engine, gearbox are you looking for?
I've got a GA16 in myself, going from the well built DS, I have currently, and going up to a DE with a slight twist :D

Shame about no pics, ha I'm looking to run in time attack aswell eventually! My mate is running his s13 in it at brands in November. Yeah I have done a few rally cross cars but they're owners don't have a lot of experience so I don't get the feedback I would like but drift cars and Tarmac is more my thing anyway.
How much would I be looking at for a set of ur coilies set up for Tarmac? Any idea what ur spring rates are?

I've killed a few sets of t1rs now and yes they are above average and reasonably priced but I wouldn't consider me a high performance tyre really, I have just got a set of Bridgestone RE002's for mine as I've heard good things about them.

I'm open to suggestions when it comes to engines, I've heard the ga13 is a straight swap but I was originally planning either a 1600 or a bike engine as the sequential shift would be nice, but tbh I'm looking for some advice from someone such as ur self..... What's gonna be the best bang for my buck? I like the idea of staying oem.... Nissan engine.... Sr20 seems way too heavy too me, plus I hate them lol

h701micra

Deactivated Account
I did just sit and write a long reply, but as usual and I should of expected it, the app crashed just as I'd sat for 10 minutes... which is extremely extremely frustrating beyond belief... @James please look into it... its beyond funny now :(

Anyway, you hate SR's? Me and you will get on well ;)
Dont worry once its up and running and he's happy then its free for me to share to everyone else :) I really want to share it, but its not my place as its not 100% my design
They emailed me and offered me a place in the November standings but its too early for me just yet, especially as its at night, I dont know Brands all too well and I dont know the car too well its still in my eyes a fresh build... very unknown

My coilovers vary, I sent you a link to them :) of course I'm going to say the most expensive ones are the better choice, but you'll appreciate why. They have adjustable damping, and can be valved to suit the springs they come with, which again is choice of the buyer. Problem is they're height fixed and are preload only
The cheaper ones are fixed damping and its stiff too, but so are the springs they come with, but they do have separate height and preload adjustability so you can properly corner weight them.. you can upgrade them to the 2.25" spring version where you can pick the spring rates and I'll lathe up some smaller seats for them

I always heard people raving about T1Rs although none of them really had any standing it was just people who drove too quickly on public roads.. so I've tested em myself, heat up quick, grip well even with low weight applied (K10 rear is very light really) but they dont half scrub

Engine wise I am one huge GA16 fan so that will be my recommendation. People say use the CG13 and turbo it, but if you're going to that effort, get a much more readily available and cheaper GA16 and turbo that instead... the gains to be had by turbo'ing a GA are in my opinion unparalleled. They double in power form only half a bar.. and if you do the much required porting and polishing (the exhaust ports are far too small for 1600cc) and change the con rod bolts... you're good for 250hp no problem. One GA15 runs 22psi on a daily basis. Very very tough engine... and its not all about Horsepower... they always always match their torque figure with the HP figure

Ha ha I feel I should mention that I bought these particular wheels for the wider track and more rubber... Also they are pretty bitchin' lol,

I have been working on the other side rear tonight aswell as the other blister arch however I feel they may not be wide enough, I'm thinking of making some kind of actual wide arch for the car out of steel but I'm struggling for inspiration, I have been using the e15 powered march silhouette car as a kind of idea but seeing as I don't have much in the way of panel beating equipment I'm gonna struggle to do such nice curves... Any ideas?

h701micra

Deactivated Account
Ha ha I feel I should mention that I bought these particular wheels for the wider track and more rubber... Also they are pretty bitchin' lol,

I have been working on the other side rear tonight aswell as the other blister arch however I feel they may not be wide enough, I'm thinking of making some kind of actual wide arch for the car out of steel but I'm struggling for inspiration, I have been using the e15 powered march silhouette car as a kind of idea but seeing as I don't have much in the way of panel beating equipment I'm gonna struggle to do such nice curves... Any ideas?
No idea personally. I was going to de-skin another k10 and use another K10s skin on mine but spaced out 30mm or so, looks standard but isnt. I prefer subtle

Other than I'd struggle, the older rally cars or berg cup cars are a good source of wide arch madness if you need some inspiration