Security kill switch

hey guys i fitted a kill switch to my micra (more as a test than to stop it being stolen as its a bit of a shed at the mo) and was wondering if anyone had thought of doing it or had it done to their cars, also would it reduce my insurance if i've done it myself (I am qualified in electrics/electronics if that makes a difference)

Cheers guys

ive got it on the engine start line at the minute but will probably wire into the ignition so it appears theres no power in the car.

what i have done many many years ago is to use a relay and i had is wired so that i had to select reverse gear to activate the relay which would then turn on the starter circuit ,then when i parked up i made sure that i reversed in to a space so to get out you had to drive forward and the thought of using reverse gear wouldn't enter anyones head

what i have done many many years ago is to use a relay and i had is wired so that i had to select reverse gear to activate the relay which would then turn on the starter circuit ,then when i parked up i made sure that i reversed in to a space so to get out you had to drive forward and the thought of using reverse gear wouldn't enter anyones head

very smart!

put a potato in the exhaust, instant immobilizer

Rang admiral about it and because im an auto electrician it knocked 10 quid a month off. Not bad for fivers worth of wire and an hours work

Rang admiral about it and because im an auto electrician it knocked 10 quid a month off. Not bad for fivers worth of wire and an hours work

Is that £10 a month reduction plus £25 fee for amending your policy? :rolleyes:

so your saying that you put in a straight forward kill switch, told admiral, and they reduced your policy by £120 just like that!!

Right hand side behind the plastic kick cover where you right foot is bud
Found the relay.. any idea which wire to attach the swith to? Read it might be the white and yellow would that be right?

Attachments

• 1413996692014.jpg
    1413996692014.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 259
Back