• This is an archive of the old Blogs system from the previous software. If you would like your blog entries moving/merging into the relevant forum/thread, please PM James. These blogs are READ ONLY. Replies CANNOT be made.

Second event...

Not exactly sure if my blog posts are actually coming up as a "blog" but anyway...

The car had it's second official outing at an MSA event and I must be honest, I wasn't expecting it to be so damn quick!

For comparison the event is 950 yards long and the best previous time was 46.88 seconds.

The work we have carried out is as follows:
Dunlop cr311 x22 compound rally tyres on 6x13 Minilites.
1275cc engine swap with 998cc gearbox.
Clean air filter.

Now to get from 46.88 to 43.00 seconds may not sound much, the next nearest car in the class has 160bhp is a twin-cam pug 106 and the best time he did was a 38.09. So just under 5 seconds off with those 3 mods is pretty damn impressive!

I have onboard footage too of that 43.10 second run which I will post to youtube shortly.

So after two events I can honestly say I am damn happy of this little pocket rocket. Can't wait to actually get it out and do some rallying with it (came close today with a few grass banks!!) :p

Nice one mate, Great to see one in action, Also fair play buying a car sort of done. Its a good thing to let someone else loose all the money on the build. I speak from experience :doh:
Will be following your event footage from now. This is how it should be used.

OP
OP
moleymolo
Cheers mate.

I hadn't really planned to use a camera but thought it would be fun just to have an onboard of a car. You may have seen the onboard from the karts I race?

Hopefully I can break into the 42 second barrier next time out as I'll probably be replacing the window glass with perspex.

It's been getting a lot of interesting looks I can tell you... (Y)