• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Seb black 1.0 devil car

OP
OP
Seb_

Seb_

Give me some frogs.
Site Supporter
As I was really bored that anybody first move entering the car was laying keys/phone/random things/ on the dashboard, that would inevitably fall on the floor at first bend, I bought this "anti slip mat" on deal xtrem: http://www.dealextreme.com/p/plastic-foam-vehicle-anti-slip-mat-100-81cm-46153 (10euros shipped)

I cutted it, it was not that easy because of all those round shapes, but with a little bit of patience, and a paper pattern:
20110612182520833.jpg

Here is the result:
20110612182834148.jpg

VERY sensible :)

I still have a big part left for other projects; very good deal!

OP
OP
Seb_

Seb_

Give me some frogs.
Site Supporter
Yes it seems impossible or else I'd have to remould it entirely. I'm very satisfied with this mat, stuff don't fall anymore :)

OP
OP
Seb_

Seb_

Give me some frogs.
Site Supporter
Yes but it's cracked, I will repair it. I dont know for the postage cost, but they surely going to be salty ...

OP
OP
Seb_

Seb_

Give me some frogs.
Site Supporter
Last week, driving to fast in a tricky S bend, the side of my right front alloys scrapped/hitted a kerb. Today I checked if it was not distorded/pushed in by driving the car 100KMH on a flat recent highway, no vibration, I also checked with a ghetto installation by turning the wheel with the point of a sharpen pen.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Everything seems to be ok!
All this calmed me down (for a while) from driving too fast.

Daniel

I WILL be back...
I saw your post about hitting a kerb on a sharp corner mate, lucky you didn't do some serious damage. I hit a kerb in K11 when I still had SR alloys - got back home after some serious vibrations, only to find out one of the spokes was actually cracked to the point where I could fit a screwdriver in the gap grr

OP
OP
Seb_

Seb_

Give me some frogs.
Site Supporter
the anti slip mat is fixed in someway?
No glue or sealant at all, I just cutted it right and gently layed down on the dashboard and it doesn't move from one inch!
(Thank you for the translation help Scott!)

I saw your post about hitting a kerb on a sharp corner mate, lucky you didn't do some serious damage. I hit a kerb in K11 when I still had SR alloys - got back home after some serious vibrations, only to find out one of the spokes was actually cracked to the point where I could fit a screwdriver in the gap grr
I was so bad and so affraid just after the shock...blue.
I was very lucky it was just the side of the alloys which only rubbed on the side of the kerb... It teached me the lesson.

LOVE the idea!(Y)

Thank you Penyo and Richard! I turned the wheel and observed if it was still perfecly straight/round, no distorded, it seems to be ok, looks like the balance weight took most of the shock in first, and then the alloy side a little scratched:
2011-07-04_18-04-57_153.jpg

peposhi

Once I win the Euromillions...
Seb, steelies are usually very strong and can handle a lot of abuse. You should be happy, cause you can see what happened when one night my misses hit a pothole :)

scaled.php

Ha-ha, nice, a?

OP
OP
Seb_

Seb_

Give me some frogs.
Site Supporter
Took a few shots today, tho weather was nice this morning, it went cloudy once arrived, moreover I also noticed I picked up the wrong lens, but in the end I'm not to unhappy with the result:
5943263538_ba1989fa50_b.jpg

5942710453_2bdf0bcd53_b.jpg

5943315576_3625170605_b.jpg

When it went rainy I ended in a mall sub car park:
5943261356_44059fc0a7_b.jpg

5942703165_89e7d3ebda_b.jpg

Daniel

I WILL be back...
Nice bit of photo whoring Seb (Y). Car's looking really good :grinning:. Any other plans soon? Lowering maybe? :wasntme:

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
with lowering your car's complete on the exterior
thanks for these photo's, a good direction. (see that some nice french words :grinning:)

OP
OP
Seb_

Seb_

Give me some frogs.
Site Supporter
Well, decision was taken, I will not keep the 1.0 black devil car. It will be sold.

So I have to make it back to stock quickly:
remove SS front and rear bumpers and put back grey plastic stock ones
remove PJG harness for the driving lights
remove Mark black ball gearknob and put back stock gearknob
remove a pillars with tweeters inside, and put back stock
remove Panasonic stereo and put back original Nissan cassette player, and take adapter back
remove SS green dials with rev counter, I also need to cut properly the added wire running from the ECU
remove the custom antislip dashboard I've cutted
remove N15 airbox (dont know yet if I will fit it to the 1.3)
remove OEM Nissan lambda sensor I've fitted when I bought the car and swap it with the 1.3 one
remove NGK blue spark leads my friend bought me in Japan, swap with the black stock I've kept
remove the 4 anti thefs alloys screws

Shame I will not be able to remove the Nissan JDM wind deflectors since these are stuck with windscreen sealant (big big mistake). It will also keep the SS spoiler (one of the first mod I've done, memories...)

It really brakes my heart.

OP
OP
Seb_

Seb_

Give me some frogs.
Site Supporter
It may ruin the plastic (its very fragile) and the paint on the door. Removing windscreen sealant residue may also be tricky and leave marks, so I will leave them :(

peposhi

Once I win the Euromillions...
Seb, you can use a sharp razor to split the double sided tape. Then it's only a matter of careful good cleaning. I can send you some new doublesaded tape

OP
OP
Seb_

Seb_

Give me some frogs.
Site Supporter
Everything is back to stock on the car: bumpers, airbox, dials, stereo. A girl who just passed his DL is coming tomorow to buy the car... I have another appointment friday evening.
www Broken heart dot com :frown:

OP
OP
Seb_

Seb_

Give me some frogs.
Site Supporter
Sold for 2500EUR to a VERY nice young girl. She'll pick up the car tomorrow evening. Last trip driving it to home, with the stock stereo back, radio was playing "Je suis venu te dire que je m'en vais" ... Sadness... (Last) pics to come....

James

Chairman
Aww that's sad news Seb :( I've really enjoyed reading this blog thread, but still at least you have the Stars Cup to bring to JAE 2012! :)

And get some sneaky pics of the belle fille ;)

OP
OP
Seb_

Seb_

Give me some frogs.
Site Supporter
Goodbye little car... Thank you for all the good times, all the travels, all the DIY days we spend, with a ton of friends of relative...

297246_2188507586824_6444525_n.jpg

297246_2188507586824_1071097054_2534441_6444525_n.jpg

Last edited:

Daniel

I WILL be back...
It was quite saddening watching my Micra, without its engine, knackered gearbox, lights, and interior trim, being loaded up onto a lorry (leaking vital fluids as it went), and then driven out to some desolate scrapyard to be stripped and crushed :down:. All the time spent on, just to have it broken down. At least yours is sold on in very good condition so someone else can have some happy motoring days (Y)

OP
OP
Seb_

Seb_

Give me some frogs.
Site Supporter
Black 1.0L, rise from your grave !
tumblr_lxdwe0c1LM1r1w5ayo1_250.gif

Last week I was doing some shopping, then just ahead of me appeared an unbadged black 3doors, when It turned I did notice some purple OEM Nissan deflectors and SR alloys! "That's my car!" I followed the car and parked near to it, after interior inspection (tweeters etc) it was well my first Micra! It looks like the poor thing has been resold (different number plates) and destroyed: wings, grill,boot, bumpers, doors everything is ruined. Few pics:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0tSvklWqkEpcmFBNGNZNDRpT3c&usp=sharing

solarice

Ex. Club Member
Good that you've found it again (thought at first you'd bought it back), shame its not been treated nearly as nicely as it was in your ownership.