Seb black 1.0 devil car

OP
OP
Seb_

Seb_

Give me some frogs.
Site Supporter
Hi :)
Little updates (in the end here since unfortunately nobody seems to read the blog section, I will use it to post random Micra stuff):
Nissan deflectors fitted, KN panel filter, I've gave my green phase 2 grill to paint at bodyrepairer, will get it back tuesday evening. This weekend I'm installing the cigarette lighter wiring at last. I will try to make a guide for people who doesn't have any pre wiring like mine.
Latest pictures :

Cheers!
Seb

ferritboy

Ex. Club Member
You are better off posting new things done to your car in this section, i find it alot easier to follow peoples porgress..... And the first time i have seen your car! I like it in black and 2 door very very nice (hard to keep clean though!)
One thing- it needs a nice set off wheels and a set of lowering springs. After thats done attack it with a big grinder!!??

Alexx117

STI
Club Member
Looking good, got loads of potential though (Y)

must be the first micra ive seen thats black 1.0l and plastic bumpers

pjg1979

THIS IS MY BOOMSTICK!
Coming along nicely Seb, you can get second hand alloys quite cheap these days. Do I dare ask if you've wired the Super S Driving lights?

OP
OP
Seb_

Seb_

Give me some frogs.
Site Supporter
Not yet Phil, as I told you I have to respray the blue Super S bumper I bought before.
Today I wired and fitted a cigarette ligher with the wire you sent me :) (do you have the reference please for the guide I'm writing ?)
Very happy with it, I can now charge my phone (connected to the stereo) and go anywhere without being worrying about the GPS battery level :D
finisha.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Cheers !
Seb

OP
OP
Seb_

Seb_

Give me some frogs.
Site Supporter
Thanks Phil
It's Paris' suburb indeed :)
Now I hesitate to change the grill with the phase 2 which normally should be, but it's too late, I already gave it to the painter and will get it back tomorrow.
Got to paint the Super S bumpers too, and fit the harness you made me, I think it will be the last things done for a good time, I almost reached what I was looking for, a tidy and clean black 3doors K11 (with cig ligher :D ).
Cheers everybody

OP
OP
Seb_

Seb_

Give me some frogs.
Site Supporter
Sword: No lowering planned yet :)

Little work I've done on the car last couples of weeks :
Fitted phase 2 grilled like it was supposed to be (January 98 production batch, last pre facelifts !) to replace the awful cracked phase 1 red grill badly sprayed in black, the bodyshop asked me only 15euros and made a top work, a lot less expensive that buying everything and spraying it.
I also replaced the left cracked headlight, I discovered the thing was in really poor state behind too, not only the broken glass but also the fixations ...

1: Look terrible from close :
badspray.jpg

badw.jpg

2: Taking it the old glass cracked / fixation broken headlight :
outnq.jpg

3: This one will look better :
newrgill.jpg

4: Indeed, with proper stuff (and cleaned plastic bumpers :p ) :
out2d.jpg

gooddone.jpg

Bonus stage: Always put grease on headlamp connectors :
grease.jpg

Also don't miss my new post on my blog, worth it :D

Cheers !

Seb

OP
OP
Seb_

Seb_

Give me some frogs.
Site Supporter
Yo mates
Little updates:
cutted the rear audio parcel shelf for the third stop :) Planning on replacing the Cassette by a Panasonic CD player and adding rear speakers !
parcel.jpg

Also New pics on my blog :)

Cheers

Seb

Guy

Has gone over to the oily side...
Club Member
Look sgreat Seb, I had a post facelift K11 but agree that the original K11 looked much nicer :). You HAVE to get lowering springs, when I had them fitted to my K11, I spent about 3 hours driving around afterwards because it handled so well!

OP
OP
Seb_

Seb_

Give me some frogs.
Site Supporter
Thanks for the comments :)
6.5, I know that it had already been covered in 100 topics, but do you have a springs brand/model not to expensive to recommend? Much harder to find K11 parts here in France, they only bought Clio Saxo and other french cars during years...
Cheers
Seb

Guy

Club Member
I think mine were Spax, cost me about £80 (100 euros) and about the same to have them fitted :).

OP
OP
Seb_

Seb_

Give me some frogs.
Site Supporter
Panasonic stereo fitted ! :

38868_1465631435372_1071097054_1336488_1115969_n.jpg

Got to buy a Nissan harness to ISO adapter and an aerial DIN to ISO adapter, and search for a better commong ground than stock stereo one, it was weaker and CD stereo wasn't powered enough. Pretty happy with the result, the tweeters are way more louder now.

OP
OP
Seb_

Seb_

Give me some frogs.
Site Supporter
Thanks buddies !
The prob with gearknob is that it's glued, I can't unscrew it without grinding, whereas I tried on a K11 at srappy it was unscrewing easily (no glue)
Cheers
Seb

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
get them mole gripps on im and when you hear that snap crack noise in anti clockwise motion the rest should unwind by hand er i think

pjg1979

THIS IS MY BOOMSTICK!
That's pretty much how I got my gear knob off R-Reg-SR, Seb looking good of the Stereo front, in the passenger foot well on the right hand drive Micra behing the carpet is a good earth point, it's a thick piece of metal with screw holes.

Standard Aerial Plugs are quite cheap, I had to butcher my one. Do you want me to find out the Stereo Wire Colour codes for you? I think they're in my Haynes manual.

Guy

Club Member
I had to do that in my k11 and my K12. A combination of sawing slots in it and cracking it with a huge flatblade and breaking bits off with mole grips. Brutal but effective (Y).

OP
OP
Seb_

Seb_

Give me some frogs.
Site Supporter
Phil: Sorry, due to my bad english, but actually I managed to install the stereo and have done all the wiring :) The problem was that wires color weren't the same as the english one, but their position on the connector are the same. Also for the ground I connected straight on the - off the battery :p along with the wire of the cig light I installed.

I would be interested in an alternative aerial, as mine is not retractable, for the moment I have installed an Din to ISO adaptater, works properly :); so don't hesitate to show me picture or item reference Phil

Cheers

Seb

pjg1979

THIS IS MY BOOMSTICK!
Seb, I thought your type of roof mount aerial is retractable? Thought it pushed in and went down the drivers side corner support, or I could be totally wrong. See attached picture of your car.

If the K11 aerials didn't do this Ring do an electric aerial but you would have to mount on the wheel arch as it's quite a big unit.

Attachments

• micraspimin.JPG
    micraspimin.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 599
OP
OP
Seb_

Seb_

Give me some frogs.
Site Supporter
Phil: Pity but mine is not retractable, I tried everything but it doesn't go down the pillar. (Sorry for the late reply) Do you have a picture of the aerial external kit ?

Bit of work done today :

2068c0daf29dd78839243a3d2213e5a1.png

Bonus stage:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Cheers !

OP
OP
Seb_

Seb_

Give me some frogs.
Site Supporter
Hi everybody,

As some of you may be aware, I'm back from one week off in the Alpes mountains,

it was a Micra trip as usual :D My host was _n3o_ ; another french member of the forum, it's Micra was full of snowboard gears:
164567_1696090756711_1071097054_1868955_4661958_n.jpg

Then we went to a Nissan office, there was a K12 and a K13, same color, side by side:
imag0633.jpg

There was a little scrapyard in it's backyard, where layed a crashed SLX with a ton of gears:
179026_1695069571182_1071097054_1867407_6964181_n.jpg

That was the first K11 I've seen with those kind of rear seats:
imag0639.jpg

Took lot of bits of it for a ridiculous total price (20euros):
Rev counter, exhaust round tip, boot light, passenger door switch (I also bought a desolder pump to do the australian TB repair and entirely remove the old solder), _n3o_ also took off the boot handles because it's own was broken in two parts.
imag0691.jpg

Best Micra deal I've made yet !

A very good trip :D

OP
OP
Seb_

Seb_

Give me some frogs.
Site Supporter
Well, update everyone !

Last week I washed the car:

Black is beautiful ! (at least until the next raining day...)

Yet another Micra weekend ! Saturday morning I went in micra for a driving stage, in a Porsche 911, very, very nice experience, a lot of power (but not too much, no wheel spin), great track handling, feels very safe, even at 180KMH. It's something to try if you can.

Today I wen for a 180KM trip to buy some stock Super S alloys, in very good condition, with a fairly good price : 130euros.

I will get rid of the 4 used tyres and put mines instead.

Bonus stage:
Got this little ad foam toy from dad coworker "I found this at home, your son should enjoy it!"

Yes I do sir :p
Looks like it was made for the facelift release "Nouvelle Nissan Micra" = "New Nissan Micra"

It's getting closer to the "goal":

Cheers !

Seb

OP
OP
Seb_

Seb_

Give me some frogs.
Site Supporter
ahah, it had would been cheaper if I bought a real 1.0 Super S indeed. I think it's time for me to buy a "Build not bought sticker" :p

OP
OP
Seb_

Seb_

Give me some frogs.
Site Supporter
Sunny days are coming soon, updates are going to be more and more close too !
Got SR alloys fitted, I removed 175 60 cheap and wornes Fulda tyres to put my 155 60 2 years old Uniroyal Rainexpert. First place they wouldn't fit them because they said I needed to have alloys own nuts, as I told I only had stock nuts from steelies.
Second place equilibrated, valved and fitted them well. They will have a good clean tomorrow to remove the redish brake dust stuck on them, tried with shampoo but it didn't gone.

imag0888.jpg

So to sum up:
Super S spoiler: FITTED
Super S rev counter: FITTED
Super S alloys : FITTED
Super S mudflaps: FITTED
Super S rear bumper: FITTED

Project is almost complete, still got to fit the Super S front bumper .

Cheers
Seb

OP
OP
Seb_

Seb_

Give me some frogs.
Site Supporter
Thank you for your comments mates ! Is it SR alloys Noddie, or four crossed legs women? :p