• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Seb black 1.0 devil car

Good day people
This morning I Went in a supermarket to do some shopping, I gave a go to the automotive accessories section to see what they had to clean alloys, but it was damn expensive and seemed more like cheap "miraculous" products than really efficient ones.
I had to keep in mind I would need something strong, because this mix of dirtyness, brake dust, rust and tar seemed very deep stuck, I already tried some WD40 the day before, nothing was removed.

Back at home, I mixed any agressive stuff I could find iin a glass bottle (do you like asparagus? :D) : vinegar, oven cleaner, white spirit, tar remover, cilit bang (chalky remover), some car shampoo, F petrol, that I sprayed on the alloys, and let it soak for 5 minutes.

=

Five minutes after I used a toothbrush to clean everything, it was awesomely efficient. I paid attention to clean everything when the cleaning was over, with a lot of water to entirely remove the powerful homemade mixture.
Before/After:

I'm now very pleased with the alloys, they are in excellent condition.

Fist time I managed to buy rather hard to find K11 part in France with a decent price. :)
obamayeswecan04nov08.jpg

Thanks dudes!
Shaun: I was careful for my eyes, one drop in and I think I'd be blind :p
But since this afternoon I have a mf headhache :doh:

Thanks Martin !

I still need three things to fit the front bumper :
-good weather (no rain please...)
-a garage (because we never know)
-a harness (Phil/PJG made me one one year ago, I had it in my hands during this year, and now that I need it, I can't find it, I've searched everywhere in the house, the garden the garage, and I really do'nt have a clue where I putted it, only related memory I have about it is that I put it somewhere and told to myself : "I leave it here, so it won't be damaged". Indeed. It really won't. Smart move Sherlock... So I asked Phil to made me another one.
After this, I will be done with body modifications :)

Just received the knobs I've bought from Mark ! Packet seemed to be lost and was sent 20days ago... But it popped out this morning in my letter box...
Quality work:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Comparing fitment:
Stock:

Ball:

Alu:

You can buy Mark' products eyes closed ! Thank you !

Seb

So, it's a big day for the Black 1.0 devil car, yesterday I fited the SR brackets, the front bumper and done the wiring of the driving lights:

Project Super S is done.
I think a lot of my japanese friends, they gave me inspiration and the willing to do this, and achieve the project, because when I bought it the car was so poor, without ANY option. Thanks a lot to all the members, and ex members of this site who helped me; selling me parts, giving me advices and answering my questions.

Today, everybit of SR are fitted, I bought parts from a lot of differents countries:
UK, Poland, Germany, Japan, France.

Mods I've done:

-NGK sparks plug cables Japan
-new NGK sparks France
-new lambda sensor UK
-new right headlight France
-new front grill France
-new stereo France
-SR pillars with tweeters UK
-new steering pump UK
-new gearbox France
-cup holder -I wanted the JDM dash top but since we drive on the right
in France I will not fit- so fitted a cup holder bought in Japan
-new exhaust backbox Poland
-cig lighter installation UK
-OEM Nissan wind deflector Japan
-SR boot spoiler UK
-SR mudflaps UK
-SR Rev counter France
-a pillar with tweeters UK
-SR alloys France
-SR front and rear bumpers Germany(green), Poland(black), UK (white
from Martin)
-Almera N15 airbox Poland
-pool ball gearknob made by Mark UK

Before/After:
Front outside:

Rear outside:

Inside:

Exactly :) I couldn't find a tidy Super S with less than 100 000KM in good shape in France, so I've made my own, moreover it was interesting challenge on the long run :)

Seb ,car looks veery tidy! I like black stuff :)
Are you planning to replace the tail lights with a JDM set? Rear windows tint, flyeyes for tail lights? You know - black, black and more black :):)

Ahah thank you Arm and Penyo. No I don't think I will get JDM lights or tint windows. But next step will be to repair the tailgate handle.
14y4oix.jpg

Cheers
Seb

Work done during the last weekend with the help of my cousin:
-Boot tailgate switched with a "new" one from the scrapyard, that I reinforced with some
pate-repair-express.jpg
that I filled in each holes holding the screws with square heads inside the handle (I didn't took pictures) seems a lot sturdier that "stock" handle

-I installed the fog light switch taken off the only Micra K11 off the area where I live. I had to phone call all the scrapyards... the guy asked me 30euros for handle and switch... damn son of a b1tch...
j92hcn.jpg

Picture I took this weekend:
217029_1848332482659_1071097054_2091485_2461765_n.jpg

Edited version:
207123_1861415929737_1071097054_2107346_1066769_n.jpg

Thank you James, if you ever came into France (and Paris) don't hesitate to tell it to me !

30 Euro for a switch and and a door handle?!?
OMG and I thought scrap yards in Ireland were the most expensive. Such a robbery, Seb!!!
Next time you need something like that, ask here in the forum, there would be always someone to help (Y)(Y)(Y)

well friend with a picture like that and the desire of yours
only this season i will collect as many frogs as your wishes require,,,,,,,,,,,,very desireable k11!

I mean Ive build my own Super S starting from à poor L reg. Im thinking about building a 2nd K11, 1.3 this time...

Well, today I completely changed engine oil and all the coolant coolant. It was my first time , everything went well, except I failed at removing oil filter, but it was changed one year ago, so I think it can last one more year.

I and my cousin got arrested by a police car patrol that stopped their engine by when I was doing some limbo under the car:

Policemen:
"hi young man, do you have a problem?"

We:
""no we are working on the car in a calm plant zone, to not annoy people"

Police:
"Why are you not making it at home?"

We:
"Don't have room to do this on our streets, don't have garage, and pro are too expensive"

Police:
"Do you know its forbidden to work in streets?"

We:
"We didn't. Good to know. As you can see we are keeping the used oils and are going to bring it back for recycling"

They tried to start their 206 diesel engine to leave, but it didn't worked. Third time was the good one. Lamers... I was happy they didn't taxed us, I think they could fine us at least 90EUR...

(Y)

Car looks good.

Calm polite responses are always a good way to work towards getting let off whatever minor misdameanor you are commiting when the police come along.

Thank you Mark. Yes that's what I tried to do, trying to telling them that we were not doing anything bad, and were doing it the clean way, even if in my mind I wanted to ask them if they didn't wanted to go fock themself ...

Today I went to Nissan's to test the new Micra.
micrachelles.png

I also went to ask if I could buy the tow cover for my super s front bumper.
I gave the part number to the man, he searched (he seemed not very smart with a computer between the hands), he seeked about 5minutes in the nissan software, and asked me 18EUROS for the cover (with no paint). I said "ok, maybe I will leave it as it is indeed"
Then I asked him if he could tell me if Super S bumpers were still available new from Nissan, and at which price. But he told me he could'nt find the parts without the part number. Seriously man? he can't find a bloody bumper? what is he paid for then ????
So I have to be a big Nissan Micra nerd to buy a bumper?

"Hello, one big mac please"
"Do you have the exact product number or I can't sell it to you dear customer"

Nissan France.

What a clowns joke.

First and last time.

terrible prices seb. if i find one in the scrappy i'll send one over to you. :) just pay the postage. IF i find one. Cover not the bumper lol

Much appreciated Shaun! Yes, terrible price, and moreover, terrible service... 18eur for the part + at least 30euros for primer+paint+clearcoat ... If anybody got a spare one for sell ;)

100!!! that is crazy. if i see some of this stuff in the scrappy seb i will get it for you. crazy prices. :(

Thank you Shaun, very kind of you, muuuuuch appreciated :) I already have the SR rev counter

Passed MOT without any issue !

The guy even told me it was a good and healthy little car! I was a little worried about emissions, brakes, and headlights settings, he told me that only the right headlight was a bit too low, I'm going to check that today. !

I also booked ferry boat tickets to go to Corsica this summer, I will leave from Paris, crossing France by car to take the boat in Toulon (south east), and arrive in Ajaccio by boat.

Last night I've met Peposhi who was in Paris !

We went to a japanese restarant with few friends of mine and had a few drinks, it was really nice to meet him, top bloke ! We even seen one black K11 and an orange K13 ! I hope you caught your plane and did a safe trip back to home.
Hopefuly we will meet again in Ireland ! Thank you again for the gifts you brought to me !

Back