Seat belt issues

euro_micra

Matt :)
The problem's that the drivers seatbelt retracting force is too strong and I'm constantly having to pull it out to give me some breathing room. It can also lock and doesn't extend even while gentley pulling it. The other seat belts are fine.
I've had this problem a while now, and the locking only occurs occasionaly and it's not so bad to do anything about it really, but just lately it seems to be becoming more common, and today I lost my patience as I was pinned very uncomfortably to the seat unable to lean forward at a blind junction, I had to unbuckle, retract the seatbelt completely and rebuckle.

Is this just a case of fitting a new seatbelt or is there something else I can do to fix it?

facelifts have seatbelt tensionors... on facelifts they have plug in's so they lock when you crash wiring up with the airbag ecu (small box in front of the real ecu). just get a new seat belt. think it will just be the seat belt itself and not the tensior.

had this happen before and a car with-out a tensionor... made me mad and did exactly what yours is doing. i re-placed the seat belt. was good as new!

facelifts have seatbelt tensionors... on facelifts they have plug in's so they lock when you crash wiring up with the airbag ecu (small box in front of the real ecu). just get a new seat belt. think it will just be the seat belt itself and not the tensior.

had this happen before and a car with-out a tensionor... made me mad and did exactly what yours is doing. i re-placed the seat belt. was good as new!

Ah ok, thanks. Not looking forward to that job, but I can't keep postponing it. I don't surpose the rear offside seatbelt is a direct replacement now is it:rolleyes:

Back