Seat Arosa alloys??

Hi all,
I've found a nice set of 14" Seat Arosa alloys on eBay & was wondering if anyone knows whether they'd fit my Micra without any problems?

The pcd (4 x 100) is the same but will there be any problems with the bore - which is, presumably, the big central hole in the wheel that allows access to the hub nut?

Also would there be any clearance issues with the tyres fitted (185/55 x 14) - according to the seller the tyres are past their best anyway so this last point may not be that much of a problem.

I know a lot of people recommend 15" alloys but I'd like to keep any mods I do nice, simple & as standard as possible (if that makes sense) - also fitting 14" alloys (I have 14" steels fitted at the moment) means that my speedo will still read correctly. I think these alloys along with a 35mm lowering job will look quite good.

Thanks for looking & I'll need an answer quick (don't mean to hassle anyone) as the auction finishes tonight :)!

Here's the auction :
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120181700371&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:GB:1123

If the central bore is too much different you need spigot rings or you get vibration.
My wheels have a central bore of 60 and they are fine.
I get rubbing if I have a fat person in the back as the tyres are 185's.
HTH

Ey up Polly, I have been given this website a few times and now have in my favorites

http://www.retro-rides.com/wheels.asp?issubmitted=PCD&newPCD=7&submit=go

as well as this one is pretty good:

http://www.venodesign.co.uk/shop/search_results_make.html?make=Nissan&change_type=Styling&act=mode

How's the car looking, I tried to contact you via MSC but you don't have a email address set up. How's your steering wheel I've been told you've got it on.

Phil

Many thanks for both replies - much appreciated :)

Hi Phil, sorry but I haven't fitted the steering wheel fitted I'm afraid :( - I'd love to go Momo but I just can't decide whether doing away with the airbag is a good idea or not. Hopefully I won't ever have a serious crash but with the roads being as crowded as they are something's bound to happen sooner or later - if/when it does it'd be sensible to be as well protected as possible I think. Also having looked into it a bit it seems to be quite an involved job what with the actual airbag unit itself to remove, then the black box/airbag controller & then there;s the airbag warning light to disable as wel. I'm really not sure I can be bothered with it all.

I don't even know what MSC is I'm afraid :confused: but if you contact me by conventional email I'll be more than happy to reply.

I've looked on Retro_rides a few times (my friend's addicted as he runs a 1976 Datsun Sunny coupe) & I even posted a wanted ad for a set of 14" alloys on there but didn't get many replies unfortunately :(!

It turns out that the bore size on the Arosa wheels should be 57.1mm - according to the same website the Micra wheels should have a bore of 59.1mm! Anyone know if those 2mm will make a huge amount of difference? Obviously I don't want to bid on the wheels if they aren't going to fit. I suppose I could always get a couple of mm machined of them but that's just extra time/trouble/expense etc!!

seat alloys have a 57.1mm centre bore, the Micras is 59.1mm, they will need honing out, a local engineering firm will be able to do that for you.

Back