Scuttle pannel rubber

Has any one else had this problem when the water from windscreen gets past the rubber seal and goes into the top front shock mounts.
I looked today and the rubber seems to not be attached properly as the clips or rubber grommets have been cut or removed.
I have just put some screws in where they should be on each corner as I thought the water was draining in that way.
Really just want to know if a new rubber seal would do the trick and if anybody knows where a new one can be purchased also can an after market one work as those would probably be cheaper and a better option than buying both parts together as only the rubber seal is needed.

edit :- Could the water be washing over the plastic part or is there a chance some kind of hidden drain is blocked and causing the water to flood over onto the strut top mount?

Usually happen after I wash the car and sometimes if is a heavy down pour of rain.
Unable to find any info on this for the k12 I looked and found these as an alternative for now.

Was unaware of or at least I didn't really think of a drain in that area.
I don't experience any wet carpets in the footwells.
Just the water standing in the strut tower tops where I added covers yet the still end up with water in them..

Last edited:
put grease in the towers or you see the threads corrode and you will not be able to split the shock front the top bearing, I have same problem but lack the time to investigate further.?

I think its just the rubber seal on the top mine is not in the best condition and I think one of the tabs might be missing.
However this area is a common place for cars and vans to let water inside.
One of the worst ones is a vivaro van that suffers from stuck glow plugs.
Because the water finds its way to the top of the engine and sits in that spot causing corrosion and a nightmare for repairs.

Sent from my ASUS_T00P using Micra Sports Club mobile app

just seems to be passenger side on mine, but its the ABS connector on inside of wheel arch i have got to get to before winter as it appears to fail the system due to corrosion by a cheap protector, so need to do this soon!;)

I have the drivers side that fills with water.
My first attempt was covers that are for a versa.
They fit loosely and are nice tops but I had to pack them with something to hold in place so they don't fly off while on the move.
So I can check them I ran a bead of bluetack around the top this has worked and keep all the water out.
When inspecting sometime after its been heavy rain I do get a small amount on driver side.
Each time I remove it because it looks wrong for water to stand.
Will go with what you suggest and fill up with grease then pop the caps back on that will definitely be enough to keep them safe and still look decent.
But wait?
Does the grease not effect the rubber in someway unsure?

Sent from my ASUS_T00P using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Back