Scrap, sell or fix?

Had the dreaded MOT today and aparently it needs welding on the sills not sure what else but is it worth getting fixed as i dont have endless amounts of money or should i sell/scrap it? Please help :(

Get the welding done,depending on how bad it is..if its really bad then maybe try selling it or breaking it for parts and look for another?

Thanks guys will find out how bad it is and see where i can go from there its my first car so dont really want to spend to much on repairs

Look at it this way, what else is wrong with it and can you afford a new car as well as the risk of its unknown history.

If the engine is sound and nothing electrical is faulty then keep it and spend the £100-200 getting it fixed as scrapping it will only get you around £120 when the car is weighed in.

Mike

Well guys unfortunatly the price to get the sills alone fixed is £450! As it is i cant afford this so if anyones looking a micra i know most of the details if ur interested

I'd expect £450 for full length sills AND prep ready for final sanding etc needed for paint

I know that - but !!!!! How much are the sills ?
£40 each from Matt Humphries but its £50 an hour at least, and theres weld prep, weld, prepping for paint, materials... 6 or 7 hours for both sills sounds about right to me?

Unfortunatly guys regardless of price theres no way i can get enough cash in time for the mot so if any of you guys want it for a price its yours aslong as it goes to a good home :)

£40 each from Matt Humphries but its £50 an hour at least, and theres weld prep, weld, prepping for paint, materials... 6 or 7 hours for both sills sounds about right to me?
£50 an hour :eek: £27 down here, and they're lucky to get that.

£50 an hour :eek: £27 down here, and they're lucky to get that.
You offered me as little as that I'd tell you where to go lol. You gotta take into account the amount of time and money he spent getting qualified to weld, the fact that you're going to him because YOU can't or won't do it yourself, overheads on the garage, the fact that you'll get a guarantee with the work, the letterheaded receipt that you can put with the car to show the welding was done proffessionally and to a good standard...

You offered me as little as that I'd tell you where to go lol. You gotta take into account the amount of time and money he spent getting qualified to weld, the fact that you're going to him because YOU can't or won't do it yourself, overheads on the garage, the fact that you'll get a guarantee with the work, the letterheaded receipt that you can put with the car to show the welding was done proffessionally and to a good standard...
As I said - £27 ph here.
Had the usual back wheel arches and inner sills done on the last micra I sold - £ 140 including the MOT - fair price.

Back