**sayin Good Bye To My K12**

lauras_micra

Ex. Club Member
Well i will be soon saying good bye to my nissan micra k12 once it has been repaired ! Due to me moving ive decided to sell it and get a cheaper car and saving the money but im not decide yet on what car its between a renault clio or a nissan micra k11

Thanks im selling back to the nissan dealership i got it from they r going to give me between £3800 and £4000 for it!! i want to stay with a micra but i also like clios its so hard

cilo has alot better stuff as standard ie elecy windows, central locking, a rev counter, feels more comfy n looses driving feel though if your bothered etc...but i have to say the electrics are bit crap on the renaults n prone to more problems than the k11 prob also because there isnt much to go wrong on the k11 lol my lil sis has a cilo i pick my micra over it any day...

and as you know clio need a lot more attention, you should also know about french's poor reputation in reliability department.

and as you know clio need a lot more attention, you should also know about french's poor reputation in reliability department.

i beg to differ man i had a 1998 clio last of the old shape 1.2 8v and had it a year and a half was driven hard every day and i did in a year and half 37000 miles and only thing that went wrongs was the cambelt snapped now thats reliable considering it was ragged every day for 37000 miles in a year and half

Built in the UK? Yes.
Japanese design? Yes.
Japanese engines? Yes.
Japanese reliability? Yes.

3/4 isn't bad!

just ask k10daz how bad clios are since he works on them everyday

and then you will change your mind and get the micra

only thing that went wrongs was the cambelt snapped now thats reliable considering it was ragged every day for 37000 miles in a year and half
i'd call that unreliable, a cambelt snap is pretty major. i've had nothing major go wrong with any of my k11 micras.

They had clio's on watchdog this week. The bonnet catches are faulty and they just flip up, cracking windscreens, causing crashes etc! Stay safe, stay jap ;)

When we had our last car written of, we went for the K11 over a Clio primarily because it has a timing chain not belt, and the electrics are better (how many k11's do you see at the side of the road?).
When that got written off, we went for the 1.2 K12 for similar reasons. My dad (a motoring Engineer) and my Uncle (works for Renault) agree the Micra's a better car...

My mates has had plenty of trouble with his clio (engine failure amounst other things) and as most people have allready said the electrics aint too clever on them.

Back