santa pod north convoy

Ian

Ex. Club Member
SInce it seems a fair few people are going. where and what time should we meet up? Somewhere on the A1? Washington services southbound maybe?

dunno. im not even sure where im going yet?... is there any details of times. accomodation (usualy my car and a sleeping bag) etc etc. costs?

im coming from grimsby. so wherever is just past there is good for me..

as long as its easy to find and i actually do go i'll be meet up anywhere. (im useless with directions so following the micras in front is my best bet)

somewhere on the A1 sounds good though, maybe make 2 stops so people arent traveling away from santa pod then turning round to go back towards it lol

Sounds good, it will have to be early morning though as it's a fair trek for us northern lot. We're looking at 233.43 miles, about 4 hours 36 mins without stops.

SInce it seems a fair few people are going. where and what time should we meet up? Somewhere on the A1? Washington services southbound maybe?

Sounds good, recon the North Westers can meet you at a service station along the way?

Whats the plan with speed and stuff, because I only have a 1ltr = and it doesnt go too fast on motorways lol

70mph is the legal limit, its what i shall be sticking too

edit:

I'm not trying to say i stick to 70mph all the time, or im trying to make myself out as a perfect driver. I regularly do 80 on the motorways, sometimes more. However, modified cars travelling together can attract more attention then when your on your own. Its best just to keep it legal, and race down at pod.

yeah good point Ian, its a long enough journey without gettin pulled over by the fuzz to be honest, plus it'll just get the club a bad name, which we dont want.

Im sure if we all stick to 70 there will allways be a micra in your line of sight and if need be we can slow down to let the stragllers catch up. Anybody got a set of walkie talkies with good range? could give one to the leader and one to the person at the back, both of which would prefereably have passengers.
OR we could be really cool and have CB radios lol

lol was just looking on route planners (as i have no idea where washington services are) its a 2 hour drive in the opposite direction!

so yeah... us more southern (but still northern) lot will organise to meet you along the way at some services, at least then you can also have a quick break (Y)

What time are we meeting up at washington then hugh?

what about if we have a meeting point at blyth motorway services in nottinghamshire?

sounds like a plan !

i only live in st helens 1ucy so if you wish ill set off with you then meet up with them on the a1 somwhere.

What time are we meeting up at washington then hugh?

what about if we have a meeting point at blyth motorway services in nottinghamshire?

Think 6am might be a good idea. I may need to detour via Durham to pick someone up also.

Jim, Don't fret. We'll meet up at Washington Moto services at 6am. Will set off about 6:10am. That way we're not waiting ages for everyone to turn up, and then no one bothers. Think we need to say who's going meet up at Washington and sort out pm's with everyones mobile number incase we get split up.

Once that's sorted we can loom at meeting up with others on the way. There will be a stop every two hours or so, as I'm not having anyone dozing off behind the wheel or not paying full attention to the road lol! :)

The offer of a lift to anyone not wanting or able to drive is still there also.

Junction 64 A1(M), Portobello, Birtley, Co Durham DH3 2SJ
Site Manager - Lynne Poulter
welcomes you to Washington
Contact Telephone
0191 4103436

thats the washington moto.

http://www.moto-way.com/moto_map.pdf - list of moto services.

What about straight from washington too ferrybridge?

there is free camping the night before and after(if needed) 20 min from santa pod which my pub land lord has let us use his back field but i need numbers of ppl hu want 2

if u need to contact me my number is 07706 528 523

Ian, sounds good to me. Tend to use Ferrybridge as a stopping point on most of my journeys south.

Ferrybride is about 1h 40 away. So we should be there for a bit before 8am if anyone wants to join us along the way.

yeah i'll be at ferrybridge at 8am if i do go, dont know if im workin the night before lol

anybody else?

hmm dont know how the manc people are joining this as the a1 is pretty seperate from the route we'd take =s

Yeah but ferrybridge services are pretty easy to get to from manchester areas so they could meet up there (I can't go as I'm working that night and the night before :down: )

whichever is best for everyone else is good for me tbh, i dont mind goin the extra distance to make sure i dont get lost lol

ok i dont no where washie services is sorry guys lol never really drove further tham shields in me car so if some one can point me in the right direction im sure i can find it

Jim, why not meet up with Ian before hand or something.

The way I'd go to get to the services from Sunderland would be to go to the A19 and go north, then take the A194 to get onto the A194(m) then on to A1(m) and come off at the services on the left handside. Should be easy enough for you, as Titch did a simlar route when comming down form Scotland.

Have a look at Multimap, Google Maps or similar to look at the roads and work out your route.

Yeah but ferrybridge services are pretty easy to get to from manchester areas so they could meet up there (I can't go as I'm working that night and the night before :down: )

Hmm, still another 70 miles thou...but if we dont cut through then, it will have to be through the stoke on trentish kind of area =s

Kenny, i'll meet you at asda boldon if you want? Or the littlechef carpark at whitemare pool? at about 5:50? it'll be less then 10 minutes to washington services from either place.

who from the north west is going maybe we can have a mini northwest convoy and meet up the the north convoy.

if i go on me own ill get lost and i cant find my satnav either, at the moment it looks like lonley journey of getting lost for me.

so any up for it.
andy

im up for a north west convoy. depends where ya want to meet, supose we'll have to look for somewhere thats on the way for everyone so nobody has to detour to meet the stragglers

im up for a north west convoy. depends where ya want to meet, supose we'll have to look for somewhere thats on the way for everyone so nobody has to detour to meet the stragglers

not sure of where to meet up, by the looks of it ive got to go by manchester one way or another.anyone ideas of where to meet?

Yeh, sounds good, i have an out of date sat-nav which im sure will help us get there lol

cheers, only got me sat nav this year, i put it somewhere in a safe place and its so safe i cant remeber where:blush:

kool, so should all the north westers meet up & convoy, then meet the north easters along the a1 somewhere?

Like you said though, wheres a good place to meet? Service station is prob best along the route we're taking =]

sounds good to me.

what if the northwesters meet at services at the start of the m62 and travel along to meet the north easters(at maybe ferribridge services) im not clued up on services stations to meet at, anyone know of services stations for meeting at.

Tbh i'll probs just drive straight down, problem with convoys, i always find that you get split up, and people get delayed etc.

However, more that willing to convoy on the way back up! :)

yeh see what you mean, was just the first one that poped into me head.

where along the a1 was you thinking to meet them at.

Well we could cut across on the a628 to barnsley as the a1/m1 cuts through there?

But...iirc the road is a bit like snake pass, so not fantastic, but im sure we'lll survive...last time I drove down snake pass the car nearly died lol

Back