Santa Pod Meet Review 31.05.08

excellent!

We now have 25 names down with only a few with question marks to there name.

Come on guys, let's the smash the record.

Kev

doesn't matter, your part of the club,

what car will you be coming in?

Kev

Cheers Kev, i think you should set a target of 50 :) nice round number and already half way there hopefully.

You don't have to be there that early, lol Ed never got there until around 12 midday anyway :p

Aim for say 10am, but if you want to get some good runs on the 1/4 mile get there as early as you can.

I just want to make sure people know the 31st is a Saturday and NOT a sunday like the past RWYB the MSC has attended, intially I thought it was a Sunday.

Kev

Come on people, the list is good already, but as we know some people WILL drop out as that always happens for various reasons....

however, even if half the people attend that is on the list, we are looking at a huge meet, so don't miss out!!!

I know there are a lot more active MSC members that haven't yet posted here!

EDIT: excellent Paddy! :D

Kev

Just found out I've got to go to a wedding reception!!

But i'm still going to Santa Pod first :D

Horsham where i live, but were planning on staying in Oxford that weekend. Ah well!!

Think I might be able to make this. Might bring someone else along although it will be in the Fiat.

Can also give a lift to any North East lot if they want.

Hugh, that's great!!!

We now have 30 names down for this meet!

Kev

i would like to attend and please dont think im making excuses......but i would have to leave at around 4am in the morning to arrive for say around 10am! then if i stayed till 4pm i would get home at 10pm!!! although i think 6 hours driving is wrong, i reckon longer but thats me!

so.............i may try and travel up on the friday, sleep over night and then be at the meet! stay over night saturday somewhere on the way home to shorten the journey on sunday!!!

i will let you know!!

napster

Considering it. Route planners say 3 hours 15 minutes for lowest milage, but that's assuming speed limits. 2 hours 50 minutes for motorway driving. Car will probably be all default at that point...Unless I get a seperate flywheel skimmed and fitted!

Naps, let me know if your going, I could be talked into staying somewhere friday night..

What you and Naps get up to you is probably best kept to pm mate! LOL

######! looks like James has put his name down. Best get an engine now then from somewhere!

Kev I'll see if I can come - should be able to. Not sure if I'll be in the Zed. It's going in for some work a week or so before so depends if it's done on time. Quite fancy bringing the Almera down for some runs! I can cane the crap out of that and not care lol!

Ivan

PMSL!!!! :p thats hilarious!!!!!! crack up! i would stay with my g/f or she might not come!!!! and robert would be in another room with his g/f! no more rude jokes now please! we are all grown ups!

Robert you wanted Ivan to say something else didnt you lol

hopefully that clears everything up!!

i might not come now lol

Lee, it would be great if you could come too, then Robert will come also :D

Book this hotel just off the M1, Junction 15 and I'll even meet you there and convoy into Santa Pod, so you won't get lost!!

LINK

Kev

What you and Naps get up to you is probably best kept to pm mate! LOL

######! looks like James has put his name down. Best get an engine now then from somewhere!

Kev I'll see if I can come - should be able to. Not sure if I'll be in the Zed. It's going in for some work a week or so before so depends if it's done on time. Quite fancy bringing the Almera down for some runs! I can cane the crap out of that and not care lol!

Ivan

That would be good Ivan, be great to catch up again,

This meeting is looking huge! lol shall I ring up and book out Santa Pod.........ok maybe not lol!

Can't change the day I'm afraid, this is set by Santa Pod and due to events they run around it, there are few normal RWYB.

The date has been confirmed as 31.05.08......sorry if you can't make it.

Saturday's where always an issue for me until I finally stopped working them.

Kev

Kev i will see what i can do!
i was looking into hotels earlier and found a couple near by (Ivan just for me ok :p)

ill look into it more when im back off holiday!

cheers

Kev

maybe you should ring the pod and let them know what we are planning...

Just so they know, Might be able to get discount ;)

Kev

maybe you should ring the pod and let them know what we are planning...

Just so they know, Might be able to get discount ;)

Yes an idea, sorry to sound like a pesemist, but I've organised lots of previous meets to see the numbers fall away to like half what originally said they would go.

I really hope this doesn't happen this time around. We have a good amount of people who have said yes, I just hope people will turn out for this.

Nearer the time we'll have a much better idea of people "definately" going and if the numbers are still say 30+ I will contact Santa Pod, you can only ask!

Kev

i will be there for eight i will get a racing clutch 4 the day just incase i beack it then i have a spare

go on then, stick my name down, i was going to go to the last two rwyb's but the weather had other ideas, i'm sure i can wait until the end of may. weather should hopefully be better by then :)

excellent, lets hope everyone makes it! this meet is looking very promising!

Kev

YAY on my birthday! so looks like i aint coming :( lol

why not? wot u going to be doing in the day? remeber, you'll be old enough to drive on that day. send of for your provisional, get the car insured, get your mum to drive down the m1, then after that, stick some 'L' plates on and you drive it to the pod.
job done, and what a bday treat, all of us to wish you a good day :)

couldn't have put it better myself!

you know it's the right thing to do!

Kev

If I can grab this flywheel off frank, I'm sure to stand a slightly better chance. :p

Anyone know the effect of a lightened flywheel when declared on insurance? :D

P.S. I think I'm definately going. Need something to amuse my self!

This is the end of the half term for me, might be on holiday for it apparently so not sure if I'll even be in the country!

If I'm back, I'm definatly coming though.

kev fella stick my name down asked me boss for the time off and he gave me it so im defo coming hopefully will have me cams in by then as well so should be fun whos goin from the north east i no hugh is have a mini convoy down

yea kev stick my name down if it isn't already!! ill come down straight after work!!!!! only work in wellingborough so be there in 10 mins!! lol... its #### hot living on 15 minutes from santa pod so when ever a meetin is aranged at pod i can go!!!!!

Back