• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Sam's 96 Super S

Evening all, I joined the MSC about 5 years ago back when I had my first car (Yellow 1.0 Inspiration) and posted a bit. Since then I've owned several different cars but have always loved the K11, whenever we get when turn up at the garage for a bit of work I'm all over it. ;)

So after a 5 hour round trip I have finally found the K11 I've always wanted a 1996 Black 1.3 Super S with only 57,000 miles on it! Bought it from a nice lad in Wigston who said he's on the forum so some of you might of seen this car. He'd had it a few months and in that time not done much to it except lower it and stick a set of track tyres on it, as I believe he won a track day and took it out for a session at Rockingham.

The car needs a bit of tidying up mainly bodywork related, there is some damage to the N/S/F Bumper, Wing and Door which is the first priority, also the mirrors and door handles could do with painting. I'm hoping to get round to doing this soon and get them sprayed up at work.

Also the O/S/F Fog lamp is smashed which is a bit of a bummer as I've been hunting for one and can't seem to find them anywhere, if anyone has got some for sale or knows anyone let me know.

Here's a quick picture of the car, I'll get some more at work tomorrow. :)

Micra.jpg

Here's a quick picture of my daily at the minute, Seat Leon 1.9 TDI Cupra 150

LiamC

I've ruined my car ?
Evening all, I joined the MSC about 5 years ago back when I had my first car (Yellow 1.0 Inspiration) and posted a bit. Since then I've owned several different cars but have always loved the K11, whenever we get when turn up at the garage for a bit of work I'm all over it. ;)

So after a 5 hour round trip I have finally found the K11 I've always wanted a 1996 Black 1.3 Super S with only 57,000 miles on it! Bought it from a nice lad in Wigston who said he's on the forum so some of you might of seen this car. He'd had it a few months and in that time not done much to it except lower it and stick a set of track tyres on it, as I believe he won a track day and took it out for a session at Rockingham.

The car needs a bit of tidying up mainly bodywork related, there is some damage to the N/S/F Bumper, Wing and Door which is the first priority, also the mirrors and door handles could do with painting. I'm hoping to get round to doing this soon and get them sprayed up at work.

Also the O/S/F Fog lamp is smashed which is a bit of a bummer as I've been hunting for one and can't seem to find them anywhere, if anyone has got some for sale or knows anyone let me know.

Here's a quick picture of the car, I'll get some more at work tomorrow. :)

View attachment 57700

Here's a quick picture of my daily at the minute, Seat Leon 1.9 TDI Cupra 150

Such a clean car, good luck with it in the future

Sent from my SM-G903F using Micra Sports Club mobile app

OP
OP
SamK11
Such a clean car, good luck with it in the future

Sent from my SM-G903F using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Thanks man. :)

After work today I got a chance to put it on the ramp and have a look underneath it, surprisingly it wasn't too bad! The front cross member has just started to go as they all do. The O/S/R Inner and Outer sill needs a bit of welding but other than that it's pretty solid. Ill get round to wire brushing it all down and giving it some treatment within the next week or two with some pictures. Here's a couple now for the time being.

Micra 1.jpg

Micra 2.jpg

I'm planning on making some sort of perspex lens as a temporary cover until I can source a replacement.

Also swapped over the track tyres for some budget replacements, so I can move the car about on the road I'll be changing the wheels in the future with some better rubber. (y)

Old Track Tyres.jpg

OP
OP
SamK11
So turns out I'm terrible at updating on here...

The car has mainly been sitting in my garage but I managed to pull it out and tidy up the mirrors and door handles this week.

As you can see the mirrors have completely faded and the door handles were looking tired and worn.
20190228_081038.jpg

The mirrors I managed to polish up with a small buffing wheel and some compound, I then touched up the crack and chips with some touch up I ordered from Nissan.

20190228_134436.jpg

20190301_145333.jpg

The door handles however needed painting so rubbed them down with some scotch pad, applied some plastic pre-applicator, grey primer, KH3 Base coat and finished with a clear coat.

Heres the finished result...
20190301_150417.jpg

They're not winning any awards but certainly look a lot better.

Also under sealed the whole car and patched the sill up, didn't get any pictures unfortunately.
Next plans are to order a new wing to be painted and then machine polish the whole car. ?

Looking well
Wouldn't you have been better of waxoiling over underseal due to the way underseal peels , absorbs water and holds it , (seen many micra s die from.under seal )
Also for the black plastics try a heat gun that works well