Sagging door hinges

Baz

Ex. Club Member
Ryt I had it I know thwe cars 18 years old but I've had enough. . .Is there any parts I can buy from nissan to sort the doors out?

mine are doin the same, i havent checked properly but could you not just replace the hinges? it looks like the pins have worn at their housing in my hinges. looks asthough you could replace them.
thats what i planned to do.

Micra 110

Site Supporter
Door Pin Removel/Replacement

Quick How to:

You will need:
2 Hinge Pins
2 Spring clips
8 Fozzy Bronze/Brass Bushes: part number 80410 - 01L00 (5 per Bag)
Rubber Mallet
Ordinary Hammer
Grease or WD40

1. Take the Door off, if you are doing it on your own get something to take the weight...like a bucket as the door is quite heavy.
2. The edge of the Wing did get in the way of the Bolts holding the Hinges on but i sorted that by just pushing back the inner flap on the wing half an inch or so with a bit of Wood...or of course you could just take the Wing off....
3. The Hinges have the factory sealant around both Hinges. The Hinges will come off by knocking them with a rubber mallet.(NB:The Hinges can be bent out of shape if hit too hard with a Hammer)
4. The Hinges contain 2 Brass Bushes each, these Bushes need to be extracted.

Doorpinbushes.jpg

5. You will notice that the Bushes are slightly bulged, so when they fit in the hole they will squash slightly making a it a nice snug fit for the Pin. The new Bushes should be pressed in with a vice as any other way will probably result in a trip to A&E....They can be difficult to get in but slowly does it.... :)

Then do everything in reverse remembering to smear a little Grease on the Hinge/Wing Bolt threads, Door Pins and Clips and some Sealant around the Hinge bases to keep the water out.

It can be a bit fiddly but when the jobs finished you'll be opening and closing that Door just to see it actually open and shut without a 'clunk!'

Heaven :)

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
just change the door pins mate mine were sagging awefully when i got the car new pins from nissan sorted it, you dont have to remove the door to change them either just do one at a time with someone to support the doors weight.

mine are perfect now, no wind noise on the motorway now either :) almost every k10 i've seen has the same problem

Micra 110

Site Supporter
That's what i did in the first place but then i wanted to do it again...lol!...then came along all that lovely work.....luv it! :)

OP
OP
Baz

Baz

Ex. Club Member
Thanks lads. . .

@speedle I'll order those in the morning if I get up before 1pm(nissan parts close then)

New doors for an 89 super t please?all you'd get back "whats that?"