• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Ryan's Micra Blog

The small facelift one is bolted on and glued. Nice armrest btw. I have the same one. The heated seats buttons are normally in it if the car had that option. I fitted S14 seats because they have the back adjuster on the outside instead of the inside and have heating. The heated seat buttons from a primera also fit the armrest.
Which bit is bolted and glued?
And so I've heard about the heated seats. Looks like in the European models (specifically scandinavia) the heat switches are just under the radio (instead of the hole). All cars seem to have them (along with headlight wipers or washers) over there. My '86 Sunny has heated seats which is pretty cool for a bottom spec 80's car.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Micra Sports Club mobile app

The small facelift one is bolted on and glued. Nice armrest btw. I have the same one. The heated seats buttons are normally in it if the car had that option. I fitted S14 seats because they have the back adjuster on the outside instead of the inside and have heating. The heated seat buttons from a primera also fit the armrest.
Also I investigated the interior of the JDM March, both with the different mounts at the back of the centre section, thinner looking seatbelts and the adjuster seems to be a ratchet lever on the outside.
Gotta say using my belt now is a little bit more of a squeeze.

LiamC

I've ruined my car 🙁
Also I investigated the interior of the JDM March, both with the different mounts at the back of the centre section, thinner looking seatbelts and the adjuster seems to be a ratchet lever on the outside.
Gotta say using my belt now is a little bit more of a squeeze.

On marches the seats are narrower and the adjuster is on the door side of the seats. The sides of the arm rest will get wrecked from the seat belts sliding past it so watch out for that

On marches the seats are narrower and the adjuster is on the door side of the seats. The sides of the arm rest will get wrecked from the seat belts sliding past it so watch out for that
It's already pretty scratched up from that unfortunately. But my modified belt buckles clear it totally.
Sometimes the belts scrape against the seat when I fold them forwards but that I don't care about.

20181212_092213.jpeg

I tested a McDonald's large cup in the bottle holder yesterday and it definitely won't fit. In fact the holder itself tries to take the lid off.
But a regular large bottle fits great!
I also found out this morning that you can fit more in there...
20181212_093358.jpeg

While trying to stuff in as much food as possible (usually I fill up the rear pockets but of course I don't have those in yet), I found that something else fits very nicely in the holder...
20181212_094920.jpeg

I will now refer to it as the pickle jar holder.

I met up with Eddie today to have a little cruise.
We both went to an automatic car wash. I get cheap full washes because of employee discounts.
View attachment 60608
Just as I got into the car wash we realised that Eddie's aerial was going to be a problem. He couldn't unscrew it either.
It's a fairly long hard metal one.
We decided he'd just hope for the best.
View attachment 60609
I sat ahead, laughing at the chaos and talking to him through messenger (we have radios but the battery ran out just as I went in)
View attachment 60610
It was freaking hilarious. The top brush ended up making the aerial point directly up, after making the mount rotate.
Eddie had to pull it down, but the blow dry bar came over and bent it. I just had time to warn him on messenger (after laughing so much) that the bar was coming back and would completely wreck it. He had to open the sunroof and hold it down, while getting blown by water.
received_273496233313787.jpeg

It was a good day.

My photos seemed to break in that last post. I accidentally closed the app while my phone brought up a button to go to power saving mode as I was typing. Thanks phone.
20181214_131208.jpeg

received_396536830886873.jpeg

received_522459058238586.jpeg

received_273496233313787.jpeg

Oh also I accidentally broke one of my bright incandescent sidelight bulbs. So I chucked in some orange ones to see what they'd be like in this car. I just added some orange paint as they were losing their colour.
The combination of the dark grey paint and no orange indicators actually makes it look pretty cool.
Though I think I might go for American style indicators again. Just in a different way.

Since so many people have kept asking me over the years, "what bulb goes in here?", "what kind would you use?", and I keep seeing people asking in separate posts, I decided to make a little poster thing.
Especially as I seem to have a pinch of autism when it comes to lights in a car.
Bulb Guide.png

Also the orange sides on the new car are looking kinda cool. The picture doesn't show it correctly, they're more orange IRL.
k11d.jpg

I want to replace the indicator fittings with dual-filament bulbs, just like I did with my N13 Sunny in Finland. Then use nice quality white sides and have the indicators on dimly alongside. Can't really reuse the old method with the two LEDs as without the lens on the front it'll just look like two orange dots.

Back home in the UK, the car wouldn't start so well but got going in the end. Managed nearly 300 miles on one tank!
20190106_125900.jpeg

Then I managed over 300 miles!
20190106_131543.jpeg

It was in desperate need for a clean after sitting under a tree where birds reside for two weeks.
Some monkey had broken off the hot foam brush (and the usual jetwash was once again closed) so I gave a high pressure rinse, shampoo, and low pressure gloss clean.
20190106_215642.jpeg

I mustn't forget about Cassie.
20190106_220754.jpeg

Annoying life things are in the way currently.
Today some centre caps for my steels arrived (from a fellow club member, thank you!). They need painting before they go on. Didn't get a picture yet.
But I did get a cool picture at Eddie's.
20190107_122837.jpeg

Finally! At long last, another 16V badge has arrived here thanks to a fellow member. I also bought a coin holder that came from an R33 Skyline! Unfortunately it's not the right panel size so I'm not going to use it. Arrived while I was watching Turbos & Temples 2 (highly recommend!)
20190109_111747.jpeg

The 16V badge in place... Didn't seem to want to glue on, car must still have some wax or something on it.
I also pumped up my rather flat tyres.
20190109_141106.jpeg

I've updated my bulb guide. I got the flat-topped light spread totally wrong.
Bulb Guide.png

My dimmer switch (the second one after Hermes lost my original) arrived! It was a gamble on the quality as the picture on the advert was terrible, but it's paid off as it's in great condition!
20190111_115304.jpeg

It's interesting, you can see the slider move along the contacts that give it resistance.
20190111_115314.jpeg

Both sides have these huge cooling vents as I imagine prolonged use of this would generate some heat! Luckily inside the arm rest is always very cool.
20190111_115331.jpeg

It's a four pin setup... I wasn't expecting that. I'll have to see what these pins do. And hopefully not blow something up.
There doesn't appear to be a backlight for the switch symbol. However, the symbol looks like it's backlightable so I might fit a small bulb in there to pretty it up!
20190111_115346.jpeg

Update:
Shining a light through the switch shows its definitely backlighted. Brilliant! I can see a blue incandescent bulb in there already.
A white LED upgrade would be awesome though.

Last edited:
I opened the dimmer switch and a working bulb was in there as I had spotted. It was so dull though.
20190112_134238.jpeg

So I deconstructed a white T3, it would only fit with the cap removed and legs shortened. Looks excellent.
20190112_140829.jpeg

I then got the idea about taking the headlight aim switch apart to check that it's not backlightable.
And guess what I found!
20190112_141730.jpeg

It IS! Though only the numbers.
It's very tight in there so I've decided not to fully illuminate it. However, attached to the knob is some sort of selector arm. Suggesting that in a different model (or just early plans) that the number selected would be lit up.
That selector arm just happens to fit a naked T3 very snugly.
20190112_143104.jpeg

Now the issue is running two wires in there (where space is hugely limited), without interfering with the turning of the selector.

I've run out of time now (and have a nasty burn on my little finger from the soldering iron, ouch), so I'll continue another time. I'm pretty excited though.