Rusty seat bottom

Hi folks.
Just curious. Sorry to flog the old rust thread to death. Though has anyone had a problem with rust under the back of the driver's seat. This 2001 micra was waxoyled under the seat from new and came factory undersealed under the floor. It has still manged to create a hole the size and shape of a large spray can.

Looked o.k. though from underneath but only found it by accident, while it was resting on something secondary as a security thing in addition to the jack.

Might be worth pulling your carpet up under the seat to check if you don't have the same problem coming. This is a known problem area but you would never have seen it coming from checking underneath the car! Underseal looked in good order! £85 patch to sort it. Owch!:eek:

You say waxoiled from now?,
Factory or garage done?,
Cause like some they jet washed then waxoil or worse undersealed , trapping the damp in, or say after a.few years or so like a mates Micra was waxoiled which didn't do anything since corrosion was already present

Sent from my moto g(6) using Micra Sports Club mobile app

OP
OP
S
Also water can get between the sound deadening from inside the car of via the drain holes in the floor that can let water in (ironically )

Garage wax oiled internally from new. It may have slowed rust down but did not seem to work fully.

You could well be right about water getting in through drain holes as the sound proofing seemed to be stuck to the metal floor,. which may well sort of indicates moisture. Or may have been comndensation collected from inside the car anyway. anyway, it didn't work but may need to be reapplyed more often than 18 years.
I wouldn't use the wax oyl brand again. something like Dynax or Dinitrol would probably be better these days.

Waxoil is better then underseal can say that ,
It's a pretty common fault on all k11s, and alot of other nissans , I'm doing a d21 and some damp got under the carpet from some holes ect, and some ended up getting under the sound deadening and rusted it from there, but re apply waxoil once every few years , and check the whole underside aswell

OP
OP
S
Yea, thats right. Th MOT guy said there may be a bit of rust coming on the underside of the floor on the passenger side also. so need to pull carpet up and check that. there was me thinking it was the just the sills that had to be monitored with and eagle eye..lol