rust - anyone got non?

My old red one didn't - the sills were beginning to show the early signs of bubbling when I sold it, though.
Craig

nope, mines an s reg, sills are going front cross member is really going! underside has some rust i.e under boot floor, behind rear bumper. it looks only surface rust tho, bar the sills and cross member.

I was just wondering if it was possible to find a k11 with no rust
my sills are going
rear arches
boot edge

front crossmember wasn't too bad last time i checked... but that was a while ago!

I was just wondering if it was possible to find a k11 with no rust
my sills are going
rear arches
boot edge

front crossmember wasn't too bad last time i checked... but that was a while ago!

there has to be some of them, i know that swipers green k11 is in good nick. only thing he has had to do is patch up front cross member a little bit.

I have a 2000 and i have no rust, i thought i did, but on closer inspection it was just surface crud and nowt through the paint.

Ems 98 K11 is in mint condition. Not a spot of rust or even damaged paint underneath :)

Mine has but it's been almost completely re-built, so that's totally cheating.....only thing left to do is the new engine and box and it's essentially a new car lol. Hardly anything mechanically standard in it now....

Mine has but it's been almost completely re-built, so that's totally cheating.....only thing left to do is the new engine and box and it's essentially a new car lol. Hardly anything mechanically standard in it now....
Still one of the first Super S's and it is rust free so it qualifies!

And it's gorgeous hehe

i no this is in the wrong section but i have to say that my 1991 k10 only has two spots of rust on it and there only around one wheel arch and one on a sill, now that is amazing! i dont think i've seen any k11s without abit of rust, its just a micra thing, get one - expect rust.

Mines as clean underneath as it is on top :D If ya look thro my spokes of my wheels you can see the original brake pipes clean as a whistle, loads of waxoil everywhere. Because i clean it so often, the waxoil has come off the brake pipes but there mint :D. Think ive got O.C.D :glare:

If you want a rust free k11, import one from a hot country like australia, you got the benifit of RHD and probally all the extra equipment like Air Conditioning

n reg 109000miles, no rust, origonal sills and front cross member.

mind you, the under neath is covered in oil thats leaed from the engine... so theres no chance of rust either..lol

Mine is L reg and the sills are minty-fresh, crossmember looks fine too (from what little I can see). Was kept in a garage most of its life though.

what causes rust to the front x-member as i have sorted the sills on my car and relocated the drain pipes from the sunroof

Back