'ruddy m.o.t's

Blake

Ex. Club Member
just had my car fail its mot today and run's out of tax tomoro im so gutted :( , it failed on the crossmember to far gone to weld, and two split cv gaitors, not to bad. but to get it sorted from the garage gunna cost £450,

in two minds on what to do realy, the car isnt mint i mean its canny but not miint condition bit crusty round the edges, its cost me quite a bit of monney this past year and i dont want to be chucking loads of monney on a 1.0 when i could put it towards a quicker car,

was thinking of eather geting a honda jazz/fit put some coilovers ect, nice and differant in the uk never seen a uk jazz modified, or get on to a importer and ask about importing a modified march k11, posibly turbo conversion :upside:,

or just spend the £450 on my k11 and have another year hopefully trouble free, ??

would like peoples 2p's on this im loseing love for my k11

well in the end u've got to weigh up how much it is worth compared to how much ur going to spend on it!

honda jazzs seem like good like cars too though

keep the k11 as honda jazz cars are pants and i have had one hit me on my motorbike so defo pants

LOL funny reason not to get one,

aye it would cost much alot more but in the longrun maybe worth it, would love to keep mine and finish it just im limited with what i can do with it engine wise with it being a tad bit french lol, where are all the mint low mileage sr's when you need em :glare:

I reckon you may find someone on here or may be able to do the repair for a lot less.

Cant believe a 2000K11 has a rotted x-member!!! My 96 K11 is still going strong!!!

keep the bits you want and buy a 1.3? or go to a cheaper garage ring up everywhere for quotes I had ones for my dent and rear bumper respray ranging from £620 to £250

I reckon you may find someone on here or may be able to do the repair for a lot less.

Cant believe a 2000K11 has a rotted x-member!!! My 96 K11 is still going strong!!!

aye its worng like lol mind the car was parked on the sea front for 5 years before i got it and never washed, my wings are rusting round the side repeters to, the sills are galvanised on my so thay are sound,

aye the garage where it is at now seem its to think is gunna be £300 for the x-member repair most of that would be labour i could stip it down myself like im gunna ask him tomoro

anyone know website that sells moddified k11 marchs i could import?

AMY should be able to help you, not sure what a turbo kit would do for a SVA test, though.
Craig

I live on an island next to the sea front, before I got the car the owner was in London, and here every weekend.

TBH I am quite shocked that mine is still major rust free!!!

I don't think a rotted crossmember is a sign for a new car. It's nothing drastic, just get a new one fitted, and completly underseal the car and make sure nothing else rots.

Back