RTLkyuubi54

well it started life as a standard 1.2 auto. Since ive had it, ive done:

de-rusted most of the body work
black bonnet
alloys
new engine with a manual box
stripped interior
racing steering wheel
custom made side exit exhaust (i had some spare tubing and was bored :p)
bad boy grille

to come:
better alloys
full exhaust system
tints
roll cage
primera engine swap (maybe)
lowered
new shocks
new arbs

and more when i come to think of it :p

DSCN1803.jpg

DSCN1828.jpg

12062007295.jpg

Ill get some more recent pics sooooon :slm:

it looks clean but there was the usual rust in places like the bottom of the wings, but thats all be fixed now. I can concentrate on mods now :)

ha ha thats great, might lump a couple of flags off the patio in me boot for the same effect :lol: looks ace

I'm plan to satin black my bonnet too, looks great on your car :)
and the "crogthomas" style exhaust is fantastic- keep up the good work

I like the side exit exhaust, it's made me think about the system for mine, but the grille needs to be black as well as the bonnet in my opinion, the red makes it stand out too much. It's a good looking car otherwise, keep up the good work.

I like the side exit exhaust, it's made me think about the system for mine, but the grille needs to be black as well as the bonnet in my opinion, the red makes it stand out too much. It's a good looking car otherwise, keep up the good work.

I thought about having it black too, but then thought it would just look like its been in a crash, with having the grille and bonnet black.

Image002.jpg

Image001.jpg

out of the clouds and on the floor :D

Image003.jpg

Inbetween fixing the rust near the bottom arm mountings I decided to attack the front of the car and I'm glad I did!

Bumper off:
Image131-1.jpg

bumper mouting bracket:
Image134.jpg

passenger side:
Image132.jpg

Drivers side:
Image133.jpg

so out came the grinder! ;D
Image135.jpg

I went a bit crazy with it and chopped some of the bumper mount away :p
Image136.jpg

After cutting that off it made the front of the wings a bit flexible so I bolted some supports in:
Image137.jpg

After finishing off the wings I noticed some grott in the corner of the front (cross member?) thing :p and a good poking left me with this:
Image138.jpg

close up:
Image139.jpg

more poking found out that its been a bodge using filler :/
Image140.jpg

Image141.jpg

Partly cleaned ready to be welded:
Image142.jpg

####e welding:
Image143.jpg

painted:
Image144.jpg

The next day came and so did a large package!!! my new suspension came! :D 4 new oem kyb shocks and -35mm springs :D

unfortunatly I don't have any inbetween picks but lets say there was alot of swearing, angle grinding siezed bolts and lots of hammer action :p

IMGP0519.jpg

IMGP0520.jpg

IMGP0521.jpg

IMGP0522.jpg

IMGP0523.jpg

IMGP0524.jpg

I'm gonna let it settle a bit more and if its still a bit high then ill cut some coils :p

before:
Image051-1.jpg

(soz for the crap pic only 1 I can find with these wheels and stock suspension height)

After:
IMGP0524.jpg

wow I really need to update this thread!

lets start with an overall pic:

DSCN2136.jpg

DSCN2137.jpg

since the last update ive:

installed a bucket seat

installed an intercooler

making a custom manifold to use this :D
S73F0314.jpg

which will be powerd by:
S73F0219.jpg

:D

it's slightly odd, but I really like what you've done with the paintwork :grinning:
would I be right in thinking that it's gonna get some bodywork and a respray done to it?
keep up the good work

Clean that engine bay!! Haha!

Looking cool! What happened to the front grille?

Loving the vinyl in the window! ha!

moddedmicra and Skribble: It looked good in the picture but in real life it was pretty crap and the previous owner had just polished it. Its lucky if it gets a wash from me :p

Andy652: it will some day..... lol. Atm im just spending money on meaningful mods. But once its been sr20det'd it will turned back into a minter.

curtis: Theres not that much to it but ill post lots of pics and a mini guide or something

nexussteve: meh :p cba to, Ive also got a new standard grille coming.

joelh: :devil: :laugh:

ok cool have you got a guide on how to sort the front grill out for my k10 really wanna see if it will work for me lol

what you do is:

cut out the bit you dont want then with fibre glass and resign build the holes that have been left. Once your very close to the original level use some body filler to smooth out the fibre glass to the same level as the plastic then sand it down. the filler step may take a few coats.

then paint.

Back