RPM Counter

wondered if it was possible to fit new gauges with an rpm counter, even though mine does not have an rpm counter? would it be a hard job to fit if possible as im a beginner :grinning:

1995 N reg. After looking into it mine also doesnt have a clock or trip meter, wondered if they could be fitted as well with new gauges?

I have fitted 1996 sr clocks to a 1997 passion and every thing works just fine its not too difficult i took the cowling (plastic round the steering wheel) off first then the plastic surrounding the clocks just watch when you are pulling the clock cos theres not much lee-way with the wires etc. and it all unclips :)

I yoinked a dashboard with the rev counter built in from a car at the scrappy. Changed the speedo's over (4 screws), so my clock was reading the same, and plonked it back it.

Really easy. Thank god for mass production.

bell

if yours is a base model, you will need to run a tacho wire from the ecu or dizzy, and i always push the speedo wire through from the engine bay (about 4" to get at the plugs easier)

to be honest im still confused. guessing i would have to take a tacho wire from another micra? is it a complex job because like i said i have basically no experiance in what im doing im a complete beginner, might have to get the haynes manual out for help, but if its too hard might leave it to a mate who knows what hes on about better than me:blush:

to be honest im still confused. guessing i would have to take a tacho wire from another micra? is it a complex job because like i said i have basically no experiance in what im doing im a complete beginner, might have to get the haynes manual out for help, but if its too hard might leave it to a mate who knows what hes on about better than me:blush:

It's really not difficult.

I've just sold my SR dials so you're out of luck..

All you do is unscrew the screws holding the dash surround on.
Pull it off.
Unscrew the current speedometer
Unplug it all and plug the new one in, and see if rev counter works
Put it back together.

You can only use the dials off of Micras from 1993 - 1998 I believe, which were on the Super S / SR. The only differences are the SR dials look green.

The wire will already be there probably. If you can get a dash with the rev counter in it, try plugging it all in, and turning the engine on. If the rev counter sits at idle, then it is working.

If not, from what I've gathered, you have to tap into the blue wire coming out the distributor, and plug it into one of the sockets for the dashboard. But I'll let someone who's actually done that explain.

sorry to hijack but you all say look for the blue wire but i have searched and i can honestly not find it do u have to take your dizzy of i have a 1997 1.0l thanks

1.0l alloys,sportex backbox,800wattamp,1200wattsub,

how do i get a tacco on my facelift?

SR dials (1998 - 2000)

I'm not sure if the Sport+ (2001-03) dials work in them, because they have different things on the dials.

They're hard to come by, I got the green SR ones on eBay out of a 1999 SR for £25.

I found out the hard way that my '95 N-reg didn't have the wiring to run dials with a tacho...£10 wasted at scrappies...so i bought a tacho from fleabay, found the infamous blue wire on the distributor, (pics and guide in diy section i think) and took power from the cigarette lighter and result! One functioning rev counter (Y)

I found out the hard way that my '95 N-reg didn't have the wiring to run dials with a tacho...£10 wasted at scrappies..

you can make them work by adding 1 wire!

and a tenner is bloody good for super s dials. easily pay £30 for them.

Oh beggar it! :doh::doh: can't believe i never thought of that!!The fleabay tacho rattles about on the dash in a home made pod too...oh well, amatuers eh lol?!?

Yea Mikey, my fleabay tacho rattles liek crazy, its fine when im driving, but with the ladys in the car, no music, its hell, i raged and ripped it out te other day

Ha-haar grr yeah i've thought about doin that too, but mines doesn't make a noise as such, just dances around the dash during corners, and usually ends up swinging about the centre console by the wires lol, i'll screw the damn thing down someday...or use that bloody blue wire from the dizzy to run some real SR dial's tacho! :p

there's two guides on here, on how to get the super s/sr clocks and univeral rpm counters to work. i got mine working i didnt have to wire a seperate wire to dizzy.

im gunna soon, i need a guide or sumin cuz i bought some super s dials, spoiler and mud flaps from a scrappy today for £34 bargain, and the rev counter dont work cuz it needs the wires for the power and distributor.

Back