roof trim

the plastic strips on the roof channels are showing signs of rust my query is how do i remove the plastic strips so i can inspect the roof channels cheers

they're typically rubber with steel backing, you can use a plastic trim removal tool to lever it up from the middle, some people use a flathead screwdriver wrapped in masking tape to avoid scratching paint instead of a plastic tool if they don't have one but i wouldn't 100% recommend it because it can still scratch

if you can use something sticky or suction on the top of the rubber it will make a space to insert the end of the plastic under it, requires a ton of patience, also helps to do it under direct sunlight because it warms it up and makes it softer, you could try heating it with a hair dryer but I wouldn't chance using a heatgun it'd be too powerful

Last edited:
I found that an old plastic out of date debit/credit/AA card etc. to be useful to prise out the roof strips.

Try to prise it up in the middle of the strips as it has retaining sliding slot fixings at each end.

As shown at about 4 minutes & 40 seconds in the video how to fix my nightmare water leaks in a 2002-2008 Honda Jazz / Fit

Reference;

Good luck

I found that an old plastic out of date debit/credit/AA card etc. to be useful to prise out the roof strips.

Try to prise it up in the middle of the strips as it has retaining sliding slot fixings at each end.

As shown at about 4 minutes & 40 seconds in the video how to fix my nightmare water leaks in a 2002-2008 Honda Jazz / Fit

Reference;

Good luck

hi used a wooden wedge in the middle of the trim worked a treat and to all for your helpful advice thanks cheers nudger.