roof rubber strips

TTnA

Ex. Club Member
We've got one missing, the car took a trip to Crewe before making its journey up North and someone thought it would be fun to rip it off, we're left with two plastic lugs - options are, find one from a salvage yard (can they come off and go back on with ease?) or...remove the other side use copious amounts of filler, prime and spray (anyone done this?) or are those little roof channels there for a reason?

I guess another option could be remove plastic lugs, and just fill holes both sides / prime & spray - so we'd be left with two smooth channels in the roof? Unless the rubber strips play a vital role of making a Micra a Micra? :laugh:

Any thoughts?

As far as I know those channels are for a roof rack.

Someone has filled and sprayed theirs up before now, it looked pretty cool, I hope to do it myself some day.

But as they come out easily you could just visit the scrappy.

I maybe wrong but if my memory serves me correctly my old 1.3 had the plastic strip with the plastic slots for a rack, I was guessing the rubber stripped Micra we have now would have just a roof clamp rack and the rubber was just there to fill in the gap - makes sense I suppose.

May have to get onto parts finder and see what's about :)

If you smooth them over, you should really weld a plate over with a little filler rather than just using filler..

fashion a new one out of tigerseal with masking tape, and see if they can rip it off then :glare:

I doubt very much the car will ever go to Crewe again as unless we get an MOT on it, it'll be an island car (MOT Exempt) :) We will be getting the work done for an MOT just in case we turn it into a floating quick trip shopping trolley lol

Thanks for the info though, will have a looksie at the scrapies :)

Back