Roof lining removal

H

Herr_spl1ff

Anyone taken the roof lining out of their micra? How hard is it to do & refit? Any info on this would be much appreciated, cheers.
:)

Yeah and its very easy. :) It is glued in so you will have to take door trims etc off to get at it. Should be able to get it off with your fingers, then once it is all undone, you have to take the rods off which twist and should come out. Pretty easy to do. Hope that makes sense and helps. :D

Cheers mate. So I'm not likely to rip it or have to attack it with a knife?

Do the edges come away before the wires are removed or do you have to work out where they are before you get the lining out?

Finally, have you refitted yours & is it a bit of a million hand job or is it not too bad?

Cheers

No should be ok. Yeah you have to take the sides off first then take out the wires. Will go back on in reverse but you will need some glue to fix it back on. :)

Was thinking of spraying it and some **** walked on my roof on christmas eve so I thought I'd take it off, spray it and see what state the roof's in. Just playing really ;)

Way I did it, was used the original as a template and then stuck the other material over the top of it. Works well and means you also have an exact size. :) May have a pic of it somewhere.

Back