rollcage?

trying to find a rollcage for my k10 rang demon tweeks and quoted me £1400 lmao so i dont think they want a job in making me a rollcage.

is there anywhere that somebody can tell me who makes cages for k10?

thanks scott

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Ed might be able to sort something out. He was looking at a group buy arrangement.

DUDES?!

roll cage is for protecting you in case of a ROLL (GOD FORBID!)
If you are a track racer then fill your boots and get your toe down..and win it!
(racing K10's rule)

(If) its for road use (not track) then IMO it would be more cash & brain efficient to join and practice with your local RoSPA Advanced Drivers and Riders Group. http://www.roada.org/groups/wales/index.htm
(much cheapness for maximum road skills gained....and they're all over the country)

Your insurers will screw you if you declair a roll cage for road use and if you don't declair it then your insurance will be void when accident investigators see your cage

If I've got the wrong end of the stick then please strike me down!

Just thought of something else:...if the roll cage is for asthetics...then maybe you could get a soft one installed (brainstorming here) that does not have to be declaired as a "roll cage"

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Roll cages arent just for protecting you if you roll! They make the shell alot stronger / less flex and increase the handling of the car.

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Roll cages arent just for protecting you if you roll! They make the shell alot stronger / less flex and increase the handling of the car.

Turtle

Ex. Club Member
I have seen a K10 roll. Stood up to it pretty well, that was only at 20ish mph though, you might get mashed at 80...

Arnold, the weight disadvantages of having a roll cage would always outweight the rigidity advantage. I've never heard of a roll cage being used for that purpose over the safety reasons.

Antony

Ex. Club Member
I have seen a K10 roll. Stood up to it pretty well, that was only at 20ish mph though, you might get mashed at 80...

Arnold, the weight disadvantages of having a roll cage would always outweight the rigidity advantage. I've never heard of a roll cage being used for that purpose over the safety reasons.

obviously other than WRC and BTCC.....:laugh: :laugh:
they actualy streangthen the chassis up so well that the car will feel about 1000% better to drive. but its a bit of both realy. safety and handling.

Alienfish360

Awesome Dawson
Turtle, Arnold is right about chassis rigidity. It allows them to cut silly amounts of weight off the car. And still maintain a safe level of chassis rigidity and crash protection. On a road car however, you are correct the weight added outweighs (no pun intended) the gains

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Turtle, Arnold is right about chassis rigidity. It allows them to cut silly amounts of weight off the car. And still maintain a safe level of chassis rigidity and crash protection.

Good to see someone knows what they're on about too.

If you had the power, like Nismo Almera or March ST, then the additional weight wouldnt be such a problem compared to the handling benefits you would get.