rocker cover

did u remove this off ur car, or get it from a scrappy?

If a scrappy how much? cheers

its off my old car
you can get one from a scrappy for around £20

the nissan and 16valve twin cam got filed down

wow mate! not a fan of chrome but i really like that,

looks good without the letters, a sort of annonamous engine lol

what are you going to do to protect it from crap?

there is not way to protect it apart from laquar
i will have to clean it every time i want to show it to anyone

that's what i was gonna say, laqure... i have seen some plastic in a can stuff that looked quite good but might as well stick with laquer :)

WIDE_ARCHED_BOY said:
you lose the shine with laquer thats the problem

hmm, it depends on how you do it. what you need is a thick layer of laqure to stop the laquer from "beeding" (where it comes out of the can in little droplets)

the laqure with run together making it more like a flim. but if it's too think then it may not dry properly and remember you have to give it about 3 weeks to cure properly...

ooh that's a good idea :) it will look mint like that :)

seeing as it's aluminium and you've polished it goood you might want to think about getting it anodized? it's the perfect time, and then get it powder coated...

Ive also polished mine up, still a WIP though and havent taken it off the car to do either so makes it abit trickier

Attachments

• Micra 13.JPG
    Micra 13.JPG
    452.8 KB · Views: 244
its getting round the letters thats the biggest problem thats why i got rid of them and getting round the ht lead holes but couldnt got rid of them
much easyer if you take it off

wow mate that looks awsome. i started doin mine...you couln explain the steps you went thro to get it up so "bling, bling" please would be a great help. cheers

Back