• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Robs Micra Thread

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
looks nice with the black almera gti alloys on, and the rear wiper mod ive noticed. p.s. is that a scratch on the passanger side rear 1/4?

OP
OP
Robert

Robert

Ex. Club Member
nope, reflection of parking lines :)

But i managed to scrape the front corner along a wall. :'( Hid it in the pictures though :p

Hopefully getting a quote from a garage next week to spray it, along with the bonnet whcih has two holes of filler from debadging still

ollie240585

Ex. Club Member
squarepants said:
looks nice with the black almera gti alloys on, and the rear wiper mod ive noticed. p.s. is that a scratch on the passanger side rear 1/4?

Nah that's gotta be a reflection of the parking bay lines

Loving the look tho man!!! Looks so shiny :D

OP
OP
Robert

Robert

Ex. Club Member
Little update, added some custom brows! Check the K11 guides section for more info.

S4020523.jpg

S4020524.jpg

next up, a have a dent to get sorted out. Grrr..

OP
OP
Robert

Robert

Ex. Club Member
Well, after getting the car repaired, it looks great! and i can't bring myself to sell it like i had planned, so here's a few newer pictures, squeeky clean and all :D:D

PICT0001.jpg

PICT0002.jpg

PICT0003.jpg

PICT0004.jpg

One of these days, I'll go somewhere nicer then my drive and take some decent pictures..

Ems

Ex. Club Member
Oooh, i now know what arnold was on about with the front fogs for mine (if i find some) being round!! Mines an Inspiration so i'm guessing it'll b the same fog's that you've got? Not the weird shape ones.

Looking good tho, and yeah take it somewhere nice!

C

Clone

Looks really nice, like the thread too, seems you sepdn a decent amount of money on it... :) Good work

deano123456

Ex. Club Member
OK, got the car back, so much nicer to drive!
I've just moved my filter, it sticks up a bit too much, but the bonnet still shuts fine so I'll leave it there i think. Need to sort out some cold air ducting now, maybe I'll make a start in a bit.

Anyways, here's a quick picture:

S4020244.jpg

Exterior ones will be added once clear repeaters are fitted and I've given it a wash :D

erm wat did u use to make the pipe for ur induction kit mate

OP
OP
Robert

Robert

Ex. Club Member
Cheers for the comments, Deano, it's felxible piping stuff, cheap enough to pick up from most motor factors/halfords etc..

OP
OP
Robert

Robert

Ex. Club Member
got it in one, was bout a tenner from ebay. The metal pipe was also from ebay, about a fiver.

total induction kit cost: £30 :D

OP
OP
Robert

Robert

Ex. Club Member
Tinted a set of prefaclift taillights today and got them fitted. Need to sort out the wiring for them tomorrow, but here's some pics;

Before:
DSC_0379.jpg

New lights:
DSC_0380.jpg

After:
DSC_0390.jpg

And with the lights on:
DSC_0391.jpg

OP
OP
Robert

Robert

Ex. Club Member
Big update for today!
Napster came over and gave a hand with prefacelifting my facelift. When i say help, I think he did more than I did lol. But a huge thanks to him, especially with wiring the headlights, don't think i could've done it myself.

Here's some pics from before the conversion:

DSC_0679.jpg

DSC_0680.jpg

Everything off:

DSC_0690.jpg

Wing and headlight trial fitted:

DSC_0695.jpg

Wings and bumper done:

DSC_0698.jpg

All done:

DSC_0703.jpg

DSC_0709.jpg

Just waiting for a super s bumper and the front should be finished for a while :D

Another big thanks to Napster, really couldn't have done it without him.

OP
OP
Robert

Robert

Ex. Club Member
It does go under the coolant tank and has a feed coming from behind the light.

I'm not sure how much difference it makes but I'm not all that bothered to be honest lol.
Ideally I'd have the filter behind the light but I cant see a way without moving stuff in the engine bay.

frank

Club Member
no the ducting is fine just very close to the filter, unless you,ve cut a hole in the chrome cover (hopefully not !)

OP
OP
Robert

Robert

Ex. Club Member
I bought my car with 6000 miles on it, I know it's sound. There's no rust and the crossmembers in top condition.
And it's a bit more unique :)

And the cold air feed does blow into the filter.. I think on the first page of my blog there's a picture of the filter on top of the TB, should show where the cold airfeed sits a bit better than words can.

Here:
S4020213.jpg

The cold air feed blows into the centre part, the rest of the filter sucks air from the engine bay.

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
thanks for the "kind words mate" lol.....i did my share!!!!!! if i can help then i will, and i did lol!!!!!
was an awesome day and achievement!!!!

the cars looks unique and the pics dont do it justice!!!

well done on your micra again Robert (Y) !!!
napster

OP
OP
Robert

Robert

Ex. Club Member
Ha, well i owe you now..

Let me know if you wanna do anything sometime.
Should try and get a meet sorted out sometime soon :)

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
Ha, well i owe you now..

Let me know if you wanna do anything sometime.
Should try and get a meet sorted out sometime soon :)

alright will do and a meet sounds wicked!!!! let me know if you want a hand trying to fix it another day when more time and light lol

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
why pre-facelift a facelift? :S why not jus buy one

i agree wit g
:kungfu:

well if you never find out the reason i dont think it really matters does it, not being harsh or anything?
aslong as robert is happy (which i know he is) and i didnt lose any fingers in the conversion then its all good!

he as a unique micra although you really wouldnt think so just by looking at it!!! thats whats good about it!!! thats whats different about it!!!

naps

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
prefacelifts look nicer imo !

there is no harm in expressing k11 model opinions!!!! :laugh: i dont know which one i prefer! its more colour coding bumpers and super s kits that i prefer!!! thats what sets it off!!! but thats my opinion!

at the moment Roberts black bumper isnt really showing the car off to its potential but it will when he finds one and colour codes it!!

he has more plans for his car aswell!!!! :glance: so maybe that will change your mind o_O

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
i dont know which one i prefer! its more colour coding bumpers and super s kits that i prefer!!! thats what sets it off!!! but thats my opinion!

i sort of agree with you there :p imo what makes the perfacelifts nicer is the ss bumpers and the bonnet that has got more of an angle. but i do like the facelift aswell, ive just always thought the facelift has a bit of class (in a bad way) with its stupid bumper inserts and side rubing strips...also the super s seats are better, than the facelift si ones, i would have a facelift with ss bumpers on, and ss interior :)

OP
OP
Robert

Robert

Ex. Club Member
Squarepants, SS bumpers are in the pipeline, Just waiting to find some!

And i did reply about the 'why prefacelift a facelift?'

I know for a fact my engines sound (got the car with 6000miles), no rust etc.

And how many people do you know that have done the conversion?
It's different. And this way i get to keep my facelift interior..

And, at the end of the day, what i want, so :p.

Napster, thanks for the offer but i dont think there's gonna be a time that you can come over again in the light!
Like i said i start teaching practice on monday for 6 weeks. Won't be getting back til about half 4 which doesnt leave much time to do any work! And i work all weekend every weekend.
Unless you got a garage and we could do it in there one evening..? Lol.

OP
OP
Robert

Robert

Ex. Club Member
My splitter needed trimmin on the ends as it was too long. I also cut slits where it mounts to the bumper to allow it to follow the bumpers shape a bit more.

Other splitters may need more work..

There's a guide to fitting the ibiza splitter in the K11 guide section (Full membership required ;) )

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
love the gti rims shame you cant keep the orginal bumper with the pre facelifting is there no way it can be modified to fit? i agree the facelift k11 looks pants but the facelift bumpers are alot nicer

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
love the gti rims shame you cant keep the orginal bumper with the pre facelifting is there no way it can be modified to fit? i agree the facelift k11 looks pants but the facelift bumpers are alot nicer

personally i preffer prefacelift bumpers, and prefacelift intrtiors..but i like the exterior of the facelift :p i do really like this micra tho :)

OP
OP
Robert

Robert

Ex. Club Member
I dont think i can use the facelift bumper, light recesses etc. are different, and wouldnt line up right with the wings..

Could probably be modded to fit, but too much hassle, i'll just wait for a Super S/SR bumper to come up :)

Alfonze

Ex. Club Member
Rob where did you get the red interior decor from, Im sick of having plain old grey, Mine is a slightly older micra so looks kina different inside.