Road noise /rumbling

My Mrs is using the Micra for commuting and loves it so I hardly ever get to drive it,I took it to work this Morning to see if it was running ok,it is but there is a rumbling from the car as if a wheel bearing is on its way out but I have checked them and they are all fine,maybe its just the way they are? does seem a bit noisy in the inside though,anyone else get this?

My Mrs is using the Micra for commuting and loves it so I hardly ever get to drive it,I took it to work this Morning to see if it was running ok,it is but there is a rumbling from the car as if a wheel bearing is on its way out but I have checked them and they are all fine,maybe its just the way they are? does seem a bit noisy in the inside though,anyone else get this?
I would think wheel bearings, the racket they used make on my other car was abysmal when they were on the way out. Other than that, micras are just about the least soundproof cars in history, could just take a while to get used to worn out rubbers in the doors and windows shouting at you

"It just looks like a scrotum" - Jeremy Clarkson on the K12

Thanks Liam,I only paid £160 for the thing so can't 'grumble' too much...(see what I did there....) ;-)
Verrrry funny. I find myself shouting when I get into other people's cars because I'm used to it sounding like being inside a jet engine in the micra

Quote; “I only paid £160 for the thing, cant grumble”

That’s a Micra bargain price! You can’t buy a bicycle for that much? :cool:
My auntie spent 1200 euro on a bike, but she doesn't carry a lock because that would weigh it down. And then she fell off and broke her arm. I know which route I would take, 160 quid micra and the rest to go towards a ski trip

My auntie spent 1200 euro on a bike, but she doesn't carry a lock because that would weigh it down. And then she fell off and broke her arm. I know which route I would take, 160 quid micra and the rest to go towards a ski trip

Totally agree, I would much rather be in a £160 Micra bargain, behind the windscreen in the dry with the heater on.

The money I don’t waste on finance depreciation/dealer servicing/repairs for my 20 year K11, pays for two 14 day all inclusive 4star holidays in the Mediterranean or Canaries for the Mrs & me every year.Thats a happy days Micra bargain. ;)

Totally agree, I would much rather be in a £160 Micra bargain, behind the windscreen in the dry with the heater on.

The money I don’t waste on finance depreciation/dealer servicing/repairs for my 20 year K11, pays for two 14 day all inclusive 4star holidays in the Mediterranean or Canaries for the Mrs & me every year.Thats a happy days Micra bargain. ;)
All the lads my age are taking out loans and buying passats or audi a4s and I'm here, debt free, still with plenty of savings left. Bunch of idiots if you ask me

All the lads my age are taking out loans and buying passats or audi a4s and I'm here, debt free, still with plenty of savings left. Bunch of idiots if you ask me

Debt free is the way to be. Save your pounds to buy a property asset to live in that will appreciate, not depreciate as car liabilities do.

Cars come & go like all other consumer goods & each one will be all but forgotten in a few years’ time as irrelevancies that don’t matter in life’s journey. That’s why I choose to drive old bangers that don’t matter for minimal costs Bangernomics Motoring. :cool:

Reference: http://bangernomics.tripod.com/intro.htm

Back