• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Richardwbb's 1993 Super S LHD sleeper.

I do have a topic from the beginning with the engine side motormount modification in Dutch but here goes after setting my brakes, wheels, shocks and alignment straight.

Here is the engine. I bought a 350 coins Super S which was steep considering the defects but it was the only Super S at that time and I had some help from a welder friend and another friend with knowledge about this engine swap which is about the most simple as it can get for you.

It is a Ga16DE from a Nissan 100Nx and that engine was also driven beyond recognition. It was 150 coins and in the end was even profitable and this engine is rated 110 horsepower.

The modifications
This is a long list!

a. custom air intake
b. k12 steelies
c. cardboard radiator

The custom air intake was designed by my knowledgable friend for diameter and length. Length of the intake should correspond with the engine. The k12 steelies I bought from a market site are straight and balanced by me. My Micra also has bleeded it's brakes, those brakes are from the donor car and it has new shock absorbers and it has been aligned. I decided to use the donors car radiator but it is just too big. So I put cardboard in there which gave a notable mileage difference.

And below is a preview where my car is still wet. It has six different colours of red an will be polished!
Last edited:
My ordered Ali mass airflow came in.

I could have installed it straight away but I await my to-do list and also choose a cold start circumstance with a full warm up and proper weather circumstances to WOT it and then I hope to learn an Ali Express MAF is sweet, just not the cheapest but the most likeley.
And Datascan can measure with tyre size correcting, your 0 - 100 kilometers time an I missed that I could have measured 0 - 60 miles per hour time in one go.

Yeah Ithisham. I'm still not convinced what I want with my car because I want to make it fuel efficient first. For the AliExpress MAF I gotten at first it ran about 5 mpg better but for a real short time. Not even enough to make up for the cost. Then my fuel meter started falling so hard it got in the range where the engine has lost it's lambda, about 10 mpg worse (or 5 mpg compared with the worn stock airflow). I'm investigating how to get this straight for a low price.

That is because I want a Speeduino. https://speeduino.com/home/ or another diy solution, but I think it is going to be this one.

My crankshaft seal went and it leaked this bad, like 3 to 4 drips a second. By flexing the outer ring of the crank pulley I was able to get the pulley off without lowering the engine. This was like 1 millimeter of play so I was in luck. The old seal came off with the pulley so it had become 1 size larger or so.

Installing a new crankshaft seal is easy. A real one star beginner job on the advanced repairs. You only will need an air tool to loosen the pulley bolt and just have the correct thickness steel which could be anything to wiggle the pulley off. It will come off easy enough. Then the bolt has to be fastened 142 - 152 newtonmeter but I just air tooled it back because I wouldn't know how to fixate the crank.

My Micra is ready for another round daily driving tasks, 140 miles this day to start with.