Reversing camera

Same idea myself. After ordering two different style cameras and a monitor from eBay so waiting on them to arrive before I can give any help. Regarding the two cameras, both have ir but one is a surface mount and the other is a flush fit similar to the old hall door style peephole. I was thinking of fitting the camera originally to the inside of the high mount tail light on the boot door but as the rear glass has mid black tint on it I'm not sure if that will affect the ir sensor. Hence getting the other camera as reserve. Anyway, if I get the stuff in the post soon I'll post up a few photos. If you start before me, keep us updated.
Tony

Well started to have a go and its so difficult as its hard to get a good view of the rear of the car with the camera mounted so low.
How can I pick up a reverse light signal at the front of the car? it looks light the rear light loom is in the drivers foot well but I am struggling to identify the correct cable?

Well started to have a go and its so difficult as its hard to get a good view of the rear of the car with the camera mounted so low.
How can I pick up a reverse light signal at the front of the car? it looks light the rear light loom is in the drivers foot well but I am struggling to identify the correct cable?
I've done this for my Micra.. I install the camera inside the car where the 3rd brake lights is. Then connected the live wire and black wire to the reverse lights. So my camera was working only when I put the car on reverse gear.

Attachments

• 1462489300014.jpg
    1462489300014.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 622
Thanks
In the end I mounted it just above the number plate and ran the cables for the screen back to the rear light. The view is a bit limited but she can see the middle of the rear bumper and finds it much easier to park, its just suck a difficult thing to position.