Reverse light is out, but reverse sensors working

Hello,

I have a problem with my reverse light, it stopped working at some point.
I checked the bulb and it's fine. From what I read I need to check the fuse under the right head lamp, is that so?

If that checks out it means it must be the switch on the gear box.

What puzzles me is, why are the reverse sensors (and speaker) still working? I would have thought they are using the same system.

Thanks

Hi,
circuit information here:-
K12%20reverse%20light%20circuit1_zpsgyyh9ruj.jpg

K12%20reverse%20light%20circuit2_zpsxlmyeviy.jpg

As the final power switching is via the 'intelligent power distribution module' you may well find that disconnecting the battery and then reconnecting it will fix the problem. I recently had a similar problem with the rear screen wiper that stopped working and was switched through the IPDM and this cured the problem....

Is it k12 or k11, k12s suffer with rear light cluster problems, if you bend the cluster it will work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the rear park sensors are working that means the circuit is fine, as the rear park sensors are normally wired in at the boot

Rossboy, what do you mean by "rear light cluster"? The plastic frame holding the bulbs and their sockets?

Sorry for sounding silly.

Disconnecting the battery hasn't helped.

Rossboy, what do you mean by "rear light cluster"? The plastic frame holding the bulbs and their sockets?

Sorry for sounding silly.

Disconnecting the battery hasn't helped.

Yes the plastic holder which holds the bulbs, if you twist the holder whilst in reverse image bulb will illuminate I've had loads with this problem

Bit late to the party on this one, my 06 Sport+ had this issue, I thought it was blowing bulbs consistently but it turns out it would come and go. Always figured it was a loose connection, like said above, it was the bulb holder, giving it a good thump used it get it to come back on again. Quality Renault engineering :D

Back