Retrofitting heated seats?

Hey everyone,
my little K12 is apparently as minimal as it gets - no extras of any kind.
I'd like to have heated seats though and apparently there were Micras that had them fitted.
Since the wiring harness appears to be mostly standardized (e.g. containing wires for electric mirrors when they aren't installed), it should be a relatively straightforward install, right?
I've found some unconnected plugs below both front seats coming out of the carpet, maybe those are for heating?

If anyone could help me out here that'd be greatly appreciated!

Ive got heated seats in mine, so I could probably have a look for you. What do the unplugged connectors look like / where are they coming out of? If you could, could you attach a photo as well. Thanks

In the Haynes manual, it mentions a cable underneath, saying 'the wiring connectors to the seatbelt buckle and side airbag (if fitted)', but no mention of heated seats in here, so maybe these are separate cables - if there is one connected, and one not connected, I would assume the one plugged in is for the airbag and checking if the belts done up, and that the heated seat power is separate

Last edited:
Here's the unplugged connector. It's coming out of a small harness coming from below the carpet.
There are other wires from that harness going to the seat, but I didn't get a good look as there's very little space.
IMG_20200512_092041357.jpg

That black cable wrapped in what looks like electrical tape looks exactly like the one in the manual, so I'm reasonably sure that white one will be for the heaters, but I'll go have a look soon

Turns out it's pretty much impossible to get the heating elements here in Germany...
This is the only eBay listing I've found at all. There don't appear to be any scrapyards who have Micras to part out with heated seats either, every one I've asked only has standard seats.

This leaves me with two options:
Getting that heating element plus switches, probably totals around 100€ if not more.
Or I could get a universal aftermarket kit like this (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universa...Nissan&hash=item1cdfde86dc:g:gdMAAOSwM71d-dNp) which would probably cost me around 40€.

Hmm, that element you linked there has me confused, I might have lied to you sorry. There was a blue plug just like that, and in the back of the seats there was that black cabletidy thing, so I guess that's what does the heated seats, in which case I have no idea what the white one does.

Hopefully the white one isnt anything too important if it was unplugged, although I think I'll take another look when the battery is back in, and check to see if the seats both come on

IMG_20200512_125925.jpg

Looks like I'll have to settle for aftermarket then. Kits like the one I linked usually require switched 12v, permanent 12v, ground, and light 12v (on when the lights are on, not sure what the correct word is).
Where would I find those to tap into?

I'm not entirely sure sorry, I get scared thinking about wiring anything honestly. However, I'll link this just in case it helps, else I'd say just look around the radio, as that I'm pretty sure gets a permanent and switched power plus ground.

Thanks for the link!
Luckily I already have that manual. Maybe someone else knows their way around the wiring?
I could probably find out myself given enough time, but some help is always appreciated :)

Talked to my mechanic today. Turns out mine does have seat airbags (I didn't notice the little "SRS airbag" tag).
That means we can't reupholster them and thus we also can't put aftermarket heaters in there.