Retiring :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baz

Ex. Club Member
Well I think its time the st stopped going out on track/Drag racing because it cant even manage the task of everyday driving. Driveshaft popped out of the outer cv joint the other night while doing a U turn in a shopping center car park Managed to get it going again but there is alot of wear on the shafts but the joints are not clicking?? but i have ordered a set of 2nd hand ones from japan

Also noticed some coolant disappearing (very small amount every couple of 100 km's.
No leaks on the engine as when I did the water pump I flushed the system checked every hose and clamp so I've come to the conclusion the heater matrix is the culprit because of a stain on the drivers footwell. Must be a very small leak though.

Also In have low oil pressure so it needs a set of main bearings ( Maybe conrod aswell but they were changed 40k ago?? ) also going to shim the pressure spring on the oil pump when the time comes to take it apart.

Also Matt humphries has organised a set of piston rings for when I'm building it(Y)
Also the head will be reconditioned and the crankcase breathers looked at because they are not up to the job in no way shape of form

I have though about going for more power but it has plenty for the moment,I'd only be looking at replacing things allot more frequently when I'd rather just drive it and have it reliable, which it has been up until now so 3 years without any major problems is not bad for a 21 year old super turbo!!

imp124

Buy & Sell Member
Get it done Baz (Y) glad your keeping it and sorting out the minor problems, what piston rings is Matt getting you? is that standard piston size rings? also just the top 2 or oil control also?

Cheers

Steve

kamisama

Ex. Club Member
sorry to hear about the car issues buddy cool car and look forward tto seeing more vids of it stronger than ever, hope all goes well. How do you get your parts from japan just asking out of curiosity as id love loads of jdm bits for mine(Y) even considered trying to get a penfriend with an ae86 who runs a tofu shop:laugh:

OP
OP
Baz

Baz

Ex. Club Member
Get it done Baz (Y) glad your keeping it and sorting out the minor problems, what piston rings is Matt getting you? is that standard piston size rings? also just the top 2 or oil control also?

Cheers

Steve
I sent him a piston a few months back , a full set of rings in standard size I think he has'nt got back with the details but he gave me a price

sorry to hear about the car issues buddy cool car and look forward tto seeing more vids of it stronger than ever, hope all goes well. How do you get your parts from japan just asking out of curiosity as id love loads of jdm bits for mine(Y) even considered trying to get a penfriend with an ae86 who runs a tofu shop:laugh:

Ah its still driving grand just needs some tlc:grinning:

sounds like you should keep it away from shopping centres, not race tracks :p

:laugh::laugh: Ah definitely, realised there was no circlip on the drivers side shaft also so that could have been the cause:laugh:

I'm still driving the car for the moment anyway

Snikty

Site Supporter
Sorry to hear you've had so many probs spring up Baz, as you say though they are 21 year old now. i'm sure you'll get it all up to par again soon enough.

Not that I want to play devils advocate or anything...but if you wanted an ma09ert track car and not thrash your ST any more...there were two March Rs for sale in Japan recently :wasntme: The plain white one was reasonably priced (and sold I believe). This one is still available but has a VERY big price tag on it.

http://page11.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/n83618047

OP
OP
Baz

Baz

Ex. Club Member
Sorry to hear you've had so many probs spring up Baz, as you say though they are 21 year old now. i'm sure you'll get it all up to par again soon enough.

Not that I want to play devils advocate or anything...but if you wanted an ma09ert track car and not thrash your ST any more...there were two March Rs for sale in Japan recently :wasntme: The plain white one was reasonably priced (and sold I believe). This one is still available but has a VERY big price tag on it.

http://page11.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/n83618047

I would love that !!!! But I'd rather fix my own up:grinning:

OP
OP
Baz

Baz

Ex. Club Member
I was indeed . . .I was getting work done on my subaru but I was up ther in the st aswell a mate was getting stuff done on his Toyota Soarer

ah:doh: no way :( you were about 60 seconds away from my house i'm usually down in jomo's :p
let me know if you are going down in the st again id love to see one in person :p

OP
OP
Baz

Baz

Ex. Club Member
It passed it National car test today :grinning: must not be that bad lol

pjg1979

THIS IS MY BOOMSTICK!
Retiring, you don't need to do that, the ST just needs some TLC at least you don't need to be a doctor to be replacing joints, and other internal issues, lol.

Congratulations on the National Car Test.(Y)

Hey baz , i had a st about ten years ago, messed it up real bad, it was my first car then and I was young and foolish. Ive found another one and im planning on buying it real soon, was wondering where you source your parts as these cars are super ultra rear here in jamaica. By the, your ride is by far the best one ive seen.:laugh:

OP
OP
Baz

Baz

Ex. Club Member
Hopefully will be starting to order the parts fairly soon, the car is still running good although low oil pressure is an issue but I'm suspecting a faulty gauge as its an old Nismo one probably as old as the car itself

send it over to greece to be fixed properly by GTR racing tuning. The garage owner has an ST that is aprox 155 wheel power and never broke down in the truck. Only one gearbox passed out. Also we will have one more St in greece!(Y)

OP
OP
Baz

Baz

Ex. Club Member
send it over to greece to be fixed properly by GTR racing tuning. The garage owner has an ST that is aprox 155 wheel power and never broke down in the truck. Only one gearbox passed out. Also we will have one more St in greece!(Y)

:laugh: No thanks man I'd rather keep it here

are you sure??????think about it...!!!your baby will run smoothly for ever..100% guaranted!!then you will not have to post here for any problems!!friendly advice..

Status
Not open for further replies.