Restoring wiper and light stalks...

dg_unit

Club Member (Trial)
I tried this a few months ago an waited to see if it ran the course before posting as the potential for innuendo is great.

Got fed up with the sunburnt grey faded plastic on the wiper and light stalks. Accidentally discovered that vaseline does the trick. Covered them is a very fine layer. Had to really rub it in. Two months later, still look as good as new.

I don't know if anyone else has any ideas but this one has worked for me.

16vFig

Ex. Club Member
Oh dear God, and you're from Brighton too!

We were thinking of starting a car club in Brighton and call ourselves the Brighton Bandits but not enough takers!

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
Oh dear God, and you're from Brighton too!

We were thinking of starting a car club in Brighton and call ourselves the Brighton Bandits but not enough takers!

:laugh:
we got "THE LONDON HITMEN" too but no hits were made:grinning: no one was hurt in the making of it either

OP
OP
dg_unit

dg_unit

Club Member (Trial)
Ha ha yes seriously. I thought I'd leave it ambiguious for a laugh. Had dry skin with all the sunshine and commuting to work. Was putting some on while driving and got it on the indicator stalk. That's the story I'm sticking with anyway :eek:

Before :frown:
stalk.jpg

vas'd up :sick:
stalk1.jpg

Now you can all admire my gleaming black vas'd up stalk :laugh:

OP
OP
dg_unit

dg_unit

Club Member (Trial)
Looks good. I'm glad at least one other person managed to get over the giggles and give it a go. (Y)

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
i normally spray wd-40 onto a cloth then rub it in.... don't really pay attention to how long it lasts though...