Respraying the whole car.

I am planning on respraying the whole the car from silver to black in July, I've done spraying a few times, but not a whole spray before, I'm not using spray cans and i'm rubbing down the car and just spraying over the paint (exceptions to the filling of bumps, of course).

Im wondering if anyone has done a respray on a micra before, and how many litres of paint you have used?

have you got any decent paint supplier's by you that could prob advise you? When i have ever painted i always just get a gallon tho,best value from the suppler by me and it is always good to have some left over in case you have any lil accidents :confused:. Also what type off paint are you go'n to use?

Theres a local paint shop "Autocolours", near where i live, they mix the paint for you on site with the paint code you give them. i always went there when i worked as a mechanic, there we're i pretty much learnt how to spray, but my boss rarely ever did full sprays, just repairs, so i never got a chance to do whole cars.

I'm after a pearlesent black gloss, then just lacker and cut.

Ive been told 2 quartz (2.3litres) is enough, but when i crashed the side of my car, i got 2 quartz of paint to respray the damage, granted i didnt use the whole tin, but theres no way 2 quarts will do the job,

I'm Just after advice from someone whos done it before,

hopefully the respray will be started on the 18th of july, I'm absolutely skint till payday

Back