Reset BCM

I have a 2004 1.5dci Micra. The rear wiper does not work, the aircon does not operate and when I disconnected the battery earth the car would not start on reconnection. There also seems to be a parasitic drain from the battery. Can I reset the BCM by disconecting the battery terminals and joining the +ve and =ve for 20 minutes to reset the BCM. I understand that early BCM's were fauly prone. Can I upgrade my BCM to a more robust unit. I appreciate this topic might have had a full discussion and if so I would appreciate the link.

Hello, not sure about the BCM but is the none starting due to the NATS. have you got a key light on the dash.

Key light goes green. Eventually car started but rear wiper still does not work. Why would the starter not work following short battery disconnect? If I short out =ve to +ve will this reset the BCM? Key system seems OK but BCM has this rear wiper snag. I was surprised the car starter motor would not turn over following a short period of battery disconnect. I am now reluctant to touch battery. I will have to do some more research on BCM and Micra centeral locking.

Back