Replacing Wish Bone (Suspension Arm)

I'm having a little trouble with this. I can't get the hub bolt off from the arm, so I'm going to grind that sucker off, however, I snapped the large bolt which holds the arm to the body.

Any ideas on where to get a replacement? - Can I just use any bolt providing its more or less the same size?

I hate this kind of job on old cars. Rusty bolts and grime. Gets all in your finger nails.

got any pics?
is it the nut thats bothering you ? i had to undo the hub nut then tighten it then clean the thread out. repeating many times.
on another i got the nut of 1-2turns then slipped in the big long hacksaw and cut it, didnt look to clever me on the floor spazing with the hacksaw,i bet people thought i was shaggin the car

Haha, I got a bolt which I needed but now I have a new problem.

The bolt that holds the hub to the suspension arm wouldn't budge (the one where the hub rotates around on), so I grinded the head off but it still wouldn't move, so I grinded the actual bolt undeath to separate the hub from the suspension arm. Now I can't get the remainder of that bolt out of the hub to for in the new suspension arm.

What do you think it the best thing to do? Just drill out the hole? I keep ruining drill pieces to get it out. Should I just buy another hub?

Thanks.

Haha, I got a bolt which I needed but now I have a new problem.

The bolt that holds the hub to the suspension arm wouldn't budge (the one where the hub rotates around on), so I grinded the head off but it still wouldn't move, so I grinded the actual bolt undeath to separate the hub from the suspension arm. Now I can't get the remainder of that bolt out of the hub to for in the new suspension arm.

What do you think it the best thing to do? Just drill out the hole? I keep ruining drill pieces to get it out. Should I just buy another hub?

Thanks.

I wouldnt go drilling out the hub mate as the hole for the bottom ball joint is a tapered fit, best bet as r -reg has already said, undo the big driveshaft hub nut & two suspension strut bolts so you can pull the hub assembly down, then knock whats left of the cut ball joint out :)

If you have to do the same on the other side it might be best to undo the hub as above pull the shaft out so you can get a socket & breaker bar in the balljoint nut, save all that cutting!

I usually whack the side of the surround (you might need a heavy weight on the other side also now), and it pops out of the taper :)

It's all fixed now, new wishbone on, no squeeks or anything! Drives fantastic.

My lovely Micra SR drives like a ferrari, all ready for sale! - If anyone's interest, let me know!

Back