Replacing K11 Boot handle with K10 handle

Seb_

Give me some frogs.
Site Supporter
Like many K11 owner my boot handle just broke.

I wanted to thank my girlfriend for always pulling on it not on the middle, but on the right of the handle. Women...

This handle itself; the material it's made of, and the way it's bolted on the boot is a pure joke, Japanese Marches dont have handle, and it must have been designed in 5 minutes for European market by a rented Renault engineer.

This afternoon, searching for "MICRA TAILGATE" on french websites, I saw that picture of a K10 tailgate
3935124303.jpg

I've noticed the little handle under the registration plate, and I was wondering if anyone could take a picture on the inside of the boot, to show how is fixed this handle, to see if it could be adapted with some drilled holes on the K11 tailgate.

Thank you

Seb

lot of work involved geezer. I do agree that the stock handle looks crap, but looks even worst without it.

There is a little indent on the edge and holes underneath which will need to be filled, painted to make it look nice. you may as well smooth the whole boot.

stock
20100711_005.jpg

striped and filled, you can see the silly looking edge which I have filled later
20100802_003.jpg

the edge filled and boot painted.
20100810_002.jpg

done. you could also use the k10 light like i used the JDM onces
20100828_006.jpg

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
go for the k10 handle,easier choice
and yeh good idea!

this looks good,from martins blog (scarp yard visit)
if the number plate handle lights fitments removed , you would just have to add number plate lights and fill some small holes

that looks strange/difrent looking without the number plate lights holder plastic
5b46f060.jpg
[/QUOTE]

with the k10 handle?

OP
OP
Seb_

Seb_

Give me some frogs.
Site Supporter
Thank you Mck and Reg for the pictures/explanations ! Going to contact the seller of the pink tailgate to see if I can only take the handle.

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
see in that pic seb the hole/holes under the nissan badge can be used as number plate light
i'll be doing this shortly anyway:grinning: