Replacement Exhaust for 160SR

Hi - Hope someone can point me in the right direction.

Does anyone know where I can buy a replacement aftermarket exhaust for my Micra. I recently had a problem with it and a quick phone around to all the exhaust centres came back with the answer that it was a main dealer part only.
If this is the case then I will just have to swallow their costs - but I got quoted £130 just for the back box section!
I will need a new system from the Cat back.
It got me thinking that if I am going to pay that sort of money for a replacement mild steel system then I may as well look around for an aftermarket stainless steel system.
Unfortunately I am not having a lot of luck finding anything.

Cheers

Guy has a stainless exhaust I believe. But for the hassle of finding one it could be easier to just have a custom one made up!

Hope you get it sorted soon :)

Pepper

I'd go for a custom stainless exhaust every time, I paid about £450 in total for the lot on my Primera (manifold through to the tail) and so imagine a Micra one will be close to £300.

I had the guys at longlife in Ipswich custom make me and fit a stainless steel exhaust from the Cat back. They did an excellent job and I would hightly recommend them. The car revs a lot freer, but isn't that noisy. Although they did say they can make it as noisy as you want! - total price £329.

Yeah SS systems are very customisable in terms of noise output - I saw a Corsa last week that was louder than any other car I've seen on the road. He looked like an idiot - the car seemed otherwise unmodified, so I just floored it and beat him to the junction. His tailpipe was also sticking out about 6 inches... so he obviously didn't have much class ;)

Glad ya got something sorted - can't wait for my SS system in the new year!

Back